Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have Irish Broadband?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

No, but I intend to get it.
    IrishTLR wrote:
    Man, they are rediculous pings just to your gateway. When I had IBB on SIAC, I was averageing 3ms and never more than 4ms, just to the gateway. Othersites where worse than yours :(

The gateway used to be a consistent 5-6 but for the past 2 weeks the whole network has been just chaos.

Its about time the IBB guys gave us an explaination, either here or on their own site.

Just checking through some support email requests and I came across this.

Tuesday,*October*18,*2005*3:25*PM

irishbroadband.ie #65241

Monday,*October*17,*2005*10:54*AM

irishbroadband.ie #64979

Which means a total of 262 support requests sent to IBB in a day!

Btw:: I sent the support email today with the irishbroadband.ie #64979 in the subject line and get a new 65241 queue number…Whats with that. Does that mean they got 131 request…Maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yes, but I am not happy with it.
    Ping statistics for 82.195.136.251:
    Packets: Sent = 400, Received = 400, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 409ms, Average = 11ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hmmm, there's no option for:
    "Never had it and never will."
    Guess I can't vote :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Reg_hurley wrote:
    I'm in D15 and since last week I have seen huge improvements in our connection. After almost a month of constantly ringing their helpdesk and getting the usual response of it will be sorted and I will get a call from 2nd level in 24hrs.
    Long story short, I got the names of the people who were taking my call and then asked them (each time I rang) for the names of the engineer in 2nd level who was looking after the call.
    What I wanted to now was; what is the problem?, could it be resolved; if so, when will it be resolved?
    I upped my calls to IBB to 3 a day.
    The engineer's name started to change so I then refused to speak to 1st level help desk and then got onto a manager. Informed the manager of my situation, outlined how I was being lied to by his staff, and how I had got no incite into what the problem was and when/if it could be fixed.
    Got a call next morning from 2nd level. Problem was sorted after 3 phone calls from him.

Wow thats a lot of calls to them I thought I was making a lot. Since ive been making my calls the service has been getting worse. I saw download speeds hit 3 k last night with an average of about 10 k. Im going to ring them again first thing this morning.

• Advertisement

Are we just wasting our time by ringing these clowns as it seems to me that they cannot fix a single address unless they fix their bloody routers or get a fatter pipe.

From the way I was looking at the problem, it looks like its that gw-ibis.irishbroadband.ie (tallaght?) again. It was dire at 11.30 last night with packetloss @ 20% but seems to have cleared now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

I have been having problems with IBB since 4 months ago. I've been told various reasons to why. Each call a different reason. However, their favourite reason is contention. For IBB, 200kpbs-300kpbs is fine, within "contention". Problem is, I'm getting 200kpbs 24/7. Its ridiculous. Since they obviously dont want to fix my problem, I'm just going to cancel my DD and move to either Clearwire or Magnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

No, but I used to have it
    Why do people keep asking "why is there no option for 'I dont have it and dont intend to get it'"?. Surely the answer is obvious. Because that would be daft.

And for the guy getting 300kpbs. Do you mean 300 kbps or 300 Kbps. As there is a difference. Is your connection speed 300kbps or is it your transfer rate, as in the speed you transfer data at, thats 300 Kbps?

If you dont have it clear when you phone tech support, then nothing will get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I've misplaced my most recent ping screenshot... but basically pings to the gateway were averaging 15ms (a little spikey, less than 0.5% loss) but once the pings reached their final destination (be it boards, jolt.co.uk or ireland.com) packetloss was up in the 30% range. This was well over 400 pings iirc.

Conclusion: Packetloss is not caused by my setup. Packetloss is not due to interference between me and the highsite. Packetloss is not caused by the gateway server. Packetloss IS caused by IBB's internal network... which they still havn't fixed months after i initially sent in screenshots.

For those of you who say they have a great connection, how many play FPS style games like Counter-Strike often? Also, how many of ye run tracerts to check for packetloss whenever you notice the connection going slower than usual?

Advertisement