Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay story

• 14-10-2005 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I recently tryed to puchase a phone on ebay uk paying about 120 euro, after three weeks there was still no sign of the phone so i started sending emails to the seller, a week and 10 or 15 emails later there was still no word from the seller so i filed a dispute with paypal.

Paypal contacted seller and gave her 10 days to reply and after getting no reply paypal took a refund from her paypal account and gave to me.

A day or two later i noticed the seller was back doing business after being missing for a month so i sent her a message to ask her what happened, she replied saying that the parcel had been returned to her and that her internet and phone line had been cut off (yeah right) then she started giving out to me for ruining her feedback.

She then withdrew her origanal feedback left for me which was:
    fast payment, excelent ebayer, recommend to others
    and changed it to:
    Wasnt home 2 recive parcel, parcel got returned, gave refund and still left neg

What a c**t :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Took over 3 weeks for my stuff to arrive from the UK. Took 7 weeks for 1 item from the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

fonda wrote:
    she replied saying that the parcel had been returned to her and that her internet and phone line had been cut off (yeah right) then she started giving out to me for ruining her feedback.
    What a c**t :mad:
    Were you home 24/7 to recieve the parcel?
    If not, then perhaps you are in the wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Were you home 24/7 to recieve the parcel?
    If not, then perhaps you are in the wrong...

There was someone home all the time and even if there was'nt whoever delivers the parcel usually leaves a note to say there is a parcel for collection

Coincidence to how she started using ebay the day after i got my refund i had been watching her profile for a month and it was'nt used once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Hang on. I thought feedback couldnt be withdrawn once it was made unless by mutual consent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Feedback cannot be redone i think he is spoofing

• Advertisement

Maccattack wrote:
    Hang on. I thought feedback couldnt be withdrawn once it was made unless by mutual consent.

So did I but I didnt give any consent

blahblah06 wrote:
    Feedback cannot be redone i think he is spoofing
    What reason have I got to spoof on a board where i dont even know anyone i am just telling what happened to me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

"Feedback cannot be edited or removed once it has been left"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

I am telling you now.. Feedback cannot be changed. I work for eBay so he obviously didnt leave you feedback before and left it now

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    "Feedback cannot be edited or removed once it has been left"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

Maybe im wrong about the feedback but i could swear she already left me feedback. I had a score of 8 yesterday now i've only 6, i hav'nt used ebay much so it's easy to keep track of my transactions.

• Advertisement

Unfortunatly (Sp?) Thats the way feedback goes. if you leave neg you will prob get neg. why not ask for the feedback to be removed

blahblah06 wrote:
    Unfortunatly (Sp?) Thats the way feedback goes. if you leave neg you will prob get neg. why not ask for the feedback to be removed
    How can you lose a score of two for one negative comment?

Pm me your user id and ill check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

good to know you can file a complaint and get your money back from paypal,
    im waiting 3 weeks now for runners to be delivered, and the user unregistered themselves, *hopefully* they are on the way, i may fire off an email or two

Ok Fonda got your pm. The reason you only have that feedback is because if you get 2 pos feedbacks from one user its only counted as one. .

There really should be a sticky for me to help ppl out?

blahblah06 wrote:
    Ok Fonda got your pm. The reason you only have that feedback is because if you get 2 pos feedbacks from one user its only counted as one. .

There really should be a sticky for me to help ppl out?

My apologies i did'nt realise the rest of my story is true though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Post the item details here so we can get a feel for the transaction

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

speaking of feedback - I bought 2 dvds off a guy for a not-too-cheap price and when they came they were blindingly obvious fakes (and it didnt say they were) so I started to dispute it with him. Meanwhile he went and gave me positive feedback and I have ended up filing a paypal complaint after yer man decided not to give me the desired refund (even after I showed him how we could nullify the whole thing without any fees..) so when the whole thing is finalised if I want to I can leave a neg without fear of retaliation...

I mean the bloody cheek - charging full price for fakes ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I would have left a neg even if there is a chance of retaliation. Pirate DVDs passed off as legitimate is rife on ebay.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'm just biding my time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement