Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Aussie network for Texting home

• 14-10-2005 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭

Which is the best (i.e. cheapest) aussie network for texting Ireland (sending and receiving) - all networks in Ireland, but mostly O2.

Also, is it as easy in Aus to get a pre-paty SIM pack as it is here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I think you can get Aussie sim pack in USIT travel agency. Also check ebay, there's always someone selling a sim from Au, most of the time they are dispatched from UK so you dont have to wait for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Genghis wrote:
    Which is the best (i.e. cheapest) aussie network for texting Ireland (sending and receiving) - all networks in Ireland, but mostly O2.

Also, is it as easy in Aus to get a pre-paty SIM pack as it is here?

Thanks

When i was there 2 years ago I used Telstra i think it worled out about AUSD 0.20 cents a text. It was best deal at time but there maybe be more now as you know things change quickly n this market.

Reason for picking Telstra was they had a better network coverage too and Optus where not great esp. when out in the middle of no where.
    By the way i worked for Optus when i was there !!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

I was in Sydney in January. We all picked up nice Sony Ericsson phones and $30 of credit for $50 in the Vodafone store on Bondi Beach. (On Vodafone network)

Calling home was incredibly cheap (sorry, can't remember exactly) and texting was dirt cheap too.

The previous time in Oz I used telstra, they were fine, no complaints.

Advertisement