Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gracehopper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Yiz were deadly in the Annesley. San Diego was ****in deadly live that night. Also loved the TLC cover. Cant wait for the next gig there. Might be able to get a seat this time! Task managers not workin so I can't listen to the ones on cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Yiz were deadly in the Annesley. San Diego was ****in deadly live that night. Also loved the TLC cover. Cant wait for the next gig there. Might be able to get a seat this time! Task managers not workin so I can't listen to the ones on cpu.

Nice one laura, i'll drop in on the 28th to see the Strutts, i have a few of their CPU tracks downloaded, sounds good

Its Sat the 26th now, I mixed up the dates. I'd be lethal if I had brains!

HI ALL,
    we've a few gigs to announce for December:

FRI DEC 16 - The Annesley house - The Strutts/Gracehopper
    SAT DEC 17 - Slatteries - GRACEHOPPER + GUESTS
    THURS DEC 22 - The Santa Cause (Boards.ie)- Other bands include: Burma shade and Flash my Frankenstein(Quality)
    THURS 29 - The Annesley house - GRACEHOPPER + GUESTS

****Get there early if you want a seat for the Annesley house gigs (Shows start around 9:30)

Merry XMAS to one and all!!!!!

David(Gracehopper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Love the tracks, David. Any trace of Blind Melon influence, by any chance?

Looking forward The Santa Cause gig, and cheers for the Quality shout-out... :)

• Advertisement

Our gig on the 29th is cancelled, the venue was double booked for that night, We will be doing Radiator in Eamonn dorans on the 6th january

Best of luck tonight lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Great set last night lads. Found myself walking around outside afterwards singing "Saaaan Die-e-go!". Always a good sign! :)

Gracehopper play radiator @ Eamonns Dorans this Friday the 6th january other bands on the night include: Wally's Hut & Kinetiks. the usual €8 admiss, €7 with a flyer, late bar + DJ till late

cheers
    Gracehopper

Gis a ring!

• Advertisement

Hi all, Tonight there are 3 bands on the line up where usually theres is four for Radiator, i texted to everyone that we will be onstage at 10:45 but it could be earlier than that, i forgot there was only 3 bands on so try and get to dorans before 10 o clock

Cheers
    David(Gracehopper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

My friend knows ye and I heard one of your songs. 'Where were you last night...' or something like it. Pretty good stuff.

Brow wrote:
    My friend knows ye and I heard one of your songs. 'Where were you last night...' or something like it. Pretty good stuff.

cheers brow i'll try and root out the mp3 for ye, The track is called "Typical woman" it a bit of p**s take song really but its good fun to play and the crowds seem to like it, click on my "Gracehopper" signature link there and you can listen & download 3 more songs.

cheers
    David

GRACEHOPPER return to the Annesley house on Sat 21st january

-Support from our Buddy's: The Clap

-€6 in, 5 with a flyer

-Show starts at around 9

-Be there early to get a seat

-Hope to see a few of yis there!!

cheers
    David(Gracehopper)

Hi all,
    Gracehopper will play acoustic for the gig in the annesley on saturday as one of the lads isnt available. We'll now be supporting the Clap. Twill be excellent i'd say.

cheers
    David(Gracehopper)

heh heh heh "supporting the clap!"

We're in Annesley House tonight if you want to pop in.

GRACEHOPPER return to Eamonn Dorans for the Radiator Sesssions on Friday 17/2/06. €8 in, 7 with a flyer other bands on the line up include:
    THE ECLECTIC,NANOBOT,THE INTERNET FOLLOWED BY THE CLAP DJ'ING TIL THE VERY WEE HOURS

would love to see a few of ye there!
    David(Gracehopper)

GRACEHOPPER PLAY THE ANNESLEY HOUSE

Gracehopper return to the Annesley house on 22-4-06 for their first gig in 2 months. With some band members away and others hard at work in college(Yeah right) we havent been able to rehearse as much as we'd like to so we will be ready to rock & will hopefully be adding a few new songs to our set come the april 22nd.

The line up is as follows:
    GRACEHOPPER
    THE Delicious
    Bride Fitzgerald

Its €6 in and the show starts around 8:30-9

hope to see you there!
    David(Gracehopper)

doors at 9 on the 22nd of april in The Annesley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Writie

Quick note:

By the third verse of "San Diego" you have to break up the melody a bit, at the risk of sounding repetitive. You could also try a breakdown or something (I'm not an arranger, so you might have to interpret what I'm saying). By the way, the reference is more America than Blind Melon for me.

Cracking intro on "I Can't Wait" (vocals ain't bad either, but go easy on the David Jones warble - it has sunk more than one singer).

Michael
    http://www.a-lyric.com/

• Advertisement

Writie wrote:
    Quick note:

By the third verse of "San Diego" you have to break up the melody a bit, at the risk of sounding repetitive. You could also try a breakdown or something (I'm not an arranger, so you might have to interpret what I'm saying). By the way, the reference is more America than Blind Melon for me.

Cracking intro on "I Can't Wait" (vocals ain't bad either, but go easy on the David Jones warble - it has sunk more than one singer).

Michael
    http://www.a-lyric.com/

cheers for the tips. we apreciate them. You're right about San Diego being repetitive. Try singing it at gigs for 6 or 7 months. i'm sort of proud of that song not because of the music but more because of the response i get from people upon hearing it first. I personally didnt want it included in our set because i didnt feel we'd be able to do too much with it as a band but it has proved quite popular live and on the web.
    Whats this "i cant wait" song? is this one of ours?

At the moment we are eager to move on and are working on some new stuff which is very different to San diego or "Misfits Gallery".

Cant wait to start doing gigs again!!!

thanks
    David (Gracehopper)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Writie

cheers for the tips. we apreciate them. You're right about San Diego being repetitive. Try singing it at gigs for 6 or 7 months. i'm sort of proud of that song not because of the music but more because of the response i get from people upon hearing it first. I personally didnt want it included in our set because i didnt feel we'd be able to do too much with it as a band but it has proved quite popular live and on the web.
    If it's that popular it definitely is worth the extra time on arrangement.
    Whats this "i cant wait" song? is this one of ours?
    Yegads, is this embrassing or what? I was listening to so much music from the boards that "I Can't Wait" is actually from God's Dice. Sorry about that.

Michael

Hows it goin all?
    Our next gig is in Slatterys in Capel street on wednesday 31st of May. More Details to Follow.

cheers
    David (Gracehopper)

We're playing tonight in Slatterys, Capel st. with support from Kumara

It's being recorded for the TV and its free in.

cheers
    David(Gracehopper)

Gracehopper are playin in the Lord Mayors, Swords tonight.

It's FREE in and the show starts around 9

So get your asses down to see us if you're local to swords

thanks
    David(Gracehopper)

GRACEHOPPER play 2 gigs this coming weekend:

1. Slattery's Capel st. - Sat 1-7-06, its 7 euro in and the show starts around 8:30.

the line up is as follows:

-Gracehopper
    -Moesley
    -Who's band is it anyway

2. Whelans of wexford street - Sunday 2-7-06, This one is a support for our buddies "THE RACKET" and the show starts around 8

We'd love to see a few heads there

Cheers
    David(Gracehopper)

Our gig is cancelled on Saturday night in Slattery's. We had a bad experience with a promoter. Slattery's as a venue is cool and so are the owners and sound engineers. We've always played a good gig in there. So the problem was with who booked the venue for us and not the venue itself.

Gracehopper gigs:
    The annesley house, North strand
    Saturday july 21st, €6 in, Get there early ( support from Brilliant 3 piece the Racket)

The Barretstown bike run
    Saturday August 26th, Galway
    http://www.barretstown.org/content.asp?ContentId=848

We'll also have new studio stuff up on the web shortly and we're going to throw a few live mp3's up that will put a big smiile on you're face and a torch in you're trousers!!!

Peace out. Daithi

Gracehopper play "The Underground" in carlow on thr 9th of September as part of the Saturday sessions It's free in to the gig and free into the "Disco" afterwards.

Also:
    The location of the Barretstown bike run gig is in The Clybann hotel on the outskirts of Galway city.
    Gracehopper take to the stage at half 10 and play an extended set until late.

David(Gracehopper)

• Advertisement

Gracehopper playin carlow this week, Cant wait, love Carlow!

weeksatsessfeb17th.jpg

Advertisement