Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 roaming was down for 24hrs - country wide

• 14-10-2005 10:16am

This was the case all day yesterday and for part of the day before and is still the case today.

If you are outside the coverage of a 3 cell,you roam on vodafones 2.5g network.

This has not been possible for 48hrs now meaning I and probably many others have no service.

They are aware of the problem and expect it to be fixed by noon today and say its vodafones fault...

If it is vodafones fault I smell a rat as I see no one complaining here that their network is down-so its not a tx issue, it's related to who they allow to roam on their network and at present they are not allowing 3 customers to do so...

Comments

It's back here now in the last 5 minutes - phew!!

I'd just got off the phone to customer services too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Have to say I wasnt effected mind you I have good 3 3g coverage where Iam and never have roamed onto Vodafone.

Clearly Dellas since you got your 3 phone you must have never left the pale :D
    but seriously though lots of people who might have 3 would have to travel outside 3's coverage area(which basically means anyone outside most big towns and certainly anyone on most roads connecting those towns) and were affected.

I understand from 3 customer services that Vodafone switched off all roaming yesterday whilst fixing something and forgot to turn it back on :rolleyes:

How convenient for them.

[On another note my brother has joined 3 (which was going to be potentially embarrasing if he had no coverage)
    I got him a 6680 which i swapped with him for my v975.

The 6680 is a seriously georgeous phone!! And its nice to have the familiar nokia shortcuts back again.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Typical Vodafone, 3 may have been better off getting there roaming from O2

Advertisement