Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard Pistol

Options
  • 14-10-2005 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of any coaches (qualified, experienced-talented) for ISSF Standard Pistol?
    Are there any clubs/venues where it's being fired?
    Any help-guidance would be appreciated.

Vinnie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Vinniew wrote:
    Does anyone know of any coaches (qualified, experienced-talented) for ISSF Standard Pistol?
    AFAIK In this country no.
    Are there any clubs/venues where it's being fired?
    Again, I'm afraid I don't think so. I don't even know if there is more than one ISSF pistol in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rrpc wrote:
    AFAIK In this country no.
    No, there aren't any. Not for pistol, at least.
    Again, I'm afraid I don't think so. I don't even know if there is more than one ISSF pistol in the country.
    Oi!
    There are lots of ISSF pistols in the country, just not many ISSF standard pistols :D
    Darn discrimination against airguns :D

Anyway, Vinnie, there aren't any courses or coaching sessions going on at the moment for ISSF pistol, and only the air rifle ranges and 50m ranges have actual facilities for ISSF pistols right now (and there only because air pistol and 50m pistol use the same setup as for air rifle and 50m rifle, with different targets). There aren't any indoor 25m ranges yet, and Rathdrum's looks like the first that will be built - and I don't know when that will be open. Most of the pistol stuff that's been going on seems to have been concerned with fullbore pistols outdoors at shorter ranges, where facilities are a bit easier to set up on existing rifle ranges. Building a new building to shoot indoor pistol in is a longer-timescale sort of undertaking.

BTW, Michael Walls is the new pistol coordinator for the NTSA, so he ought to be able to tell you what the plans are for the coming year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote:
    Oi!
    There are lots of ISSF pistols in the country, just not many ISSF standard pistols
    Darn discrimination against airguns
    If he'd said air pistols I'd have replied about air pistols, but he didn't, did he?? ....well?..... did he?????
    Damn touchy airgunners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

Well I know where there is defintely one!! :-)

Vinnie
    Feinwerkbau AW93

Advertisement