Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep Brian Kerr as Football Manager. Sign petition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

LOL! Good joke. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Not if my life depended on it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Total Signatures: 1

Good luck with that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Some very concerned people now signing.... see sig no 3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Don't post football threads here.
    Post them on Soccer.
    Moving to Soccer from FM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

LOL good luck with this although you seem to have the ginger peles support :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Not if my life depended on it! :D

So much for the weeks ban then!!! fair play to the mods!! :D

Anyway Kerr to go!! another 7 or 8 threads on needed on this NOW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Big Nelly wrote:

It was posted in the FM Forum first, thats how it "appears" he got around it.

A curious loophole, might I add... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It was posted in the FM Forum first, thats how it "appears" he got around it.

A curious loophole, might I add... :p

No excuse!!! where is the discipline men!! haha!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not even a half-arsed petition will save Kerr now. Bye bye Brian.

• Advertisement

Indeed moved from Football Management so the mods didn't unban him from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

hehe, are ye reading the messages in the petition. Some funny stuff there.
    This petition isn't worth the bytes it's stored on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Big Nelly wrote:

You called ? Your use of exclamation marks intrigues me.

I think he's making the point that, as a mod, you should be worrying more about people who are banned posting in the forum than arguing about Liverpool and brick walls on a John O'Shea thread.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I thought.

A banned person didn't post in the forum, they posted in Football Management and I moved the thread here because this is where it belongs. I didn't check to see who posted on the thread before I sent it over.
    Big Nelly made an incorrect assumption. This case has nothing to do with the Soccer mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Ahaha 14 out of 10000, all the best with that.

I reckon a Roy Keane for manager petition would be a lot more popular.

Defintely doesnt get my signature.

Lemlin wrote:
    I think he's making the point that, as a mod, you should be worrying more about people who are banned posting in the forum than arguing about Liverpool and brick walls on a John O'Shea thread.

I am not even slightly worried about that Lemlin as I have a basic understanding of what is going on.

As you obviously do not understand and have not bothered reading the rest of the thread, I suggest that you leave it to people who do and have.

Anything else ?

I am not even slightly worried about that Lemlin as I have a basic understanding of what is going on.

As you obviously do not understand and have not bothered reading the rest of the thread, I suggest that you leave it to people who do and have.

Anything else ?

Yes, actually. I did read the post but surely it undermines the whole point of banning someone from the forum if you're going to move threads they post into it. Should the thread not of been deleted if it was in the wrong forum?

It has nothing to do with me TBH son, it was moved by the mod of another forum, into this one where a poster on that thread is banned. If you go back over the last couple of weeks you will also see posts by said banned user, should I delete them aswell ?

So just so you know what happened and so you have no more misconceptions.

Post opened on the football management forum (by a user who does not have access to the forum - how come you did not notice that)
    Couple of posters replied (including one that is banned at the moment)
    People moaned about the abilties of the mods because they do not know what is going on.
    I wrote a post about what went on.

• Advertisement

How about you send it back to me and then I delete some posts from it and then send it back and then maybe people will stop whinging over stupid little things.

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    It has nothing to do with me TBH son, it was moved by the mod of another forum, into this one where a poster on that thread is banned. If you go back over the last couple of weeks you will also see posts by said banned user, should I delete them aswell ?

So just so you know what happened and so you have no more misconceptions.

Post opened on the football management forum (by a user who does not have access to the forum - how come you did not notice that)
    Couple of posters replied (including one that is banned at the moment)
    People moaned about the abilties of the mods because they do not know what is going on.
    I wrote a post about what went on.

May I ask why you felt the need to use the word "son"?

Lemlin wrote:
    May I ask why you felt the need to use the word "son"?

Because I am an old man.

May I ask of you whether or not you actually understand what is going on now and whether the explanantion that the mod of two forums gave you were enough to satisfy you ?

Ah yeah, that's grand, Dad. Its just that I've spent years looking for my father and now that I've found him I'm just unbelievably happy. Where have you been all these years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lemlin, grow up will ya. The thread has been moved so Einstürzende can't post in it again for a week. Seriously just let it go.

Just wondering why the mods have to show so much attitude when they are supposed to be here to help people. They shouldn't really be saying stuff like:

"then maybe people will stop whinging over stupid little things.", "anything else" and particularly "You called ? Your use of exclamation marks intrigues me.."

If they find moderating the soccer board such a chore, perhaps they should leave it to someone else.

Anyway, topic closed in my book.

Makaveli is not a mod of soccer. He was helping out on the fielding of bloody annying questions.

What has this comment got to do with you anyway ("You called ? Your use of exclamation marks intrigues me..") it was asked of somebody else who has not answered yet.

I do not have any issuse with moderating the soccer forum except when people who have no idea what they are talking about and bring my abilities into question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lemlin wrote:
    Just wondering why the mods have to show so much attitude when they are supposed to be here to help people.

Because Makavellie explained it in the 4th post why the thread was moved, not his or T4tf fault your were too stupid to see that the thread was moved and also created by a user with 2 posts. I mean think about it you copped that E posted on it but not that fact it was moved and created by a poster who has no access to soccer.

So really you should be grateful your stupidness wasnt highlighted earlier and both mods tried to explian it to you but you completley missed that.

kdjac

Again, all I get is called stupid. Should someone not be banned for calling another poster stupid?

What a way to prove my point lads. And T4TF was showing attitude to Big Nelly long before I even got involved.

He also made a pretty poor attempt to undermine my argument by calling me "son". Giving someone a childlike reference doesn't really make a point any better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lemlin wrote:
    Again, all I get is called stupid. Should someone not be banned for calling another poster stupid?

But you were :confused:

1st post user = 2 posts
    3rd post user = banned
    6th post Mod moved.

Do you read in 3s?

kdjac

My point: Could T4TF not of told myself or Big Nelly this without adopting approaches like "You called ? Your use of exclamation marks intrigues me."

Perhaps he could of avoided all this if he had. That's my point.

Thread over in my book.

That's the second time you have said thread is over, curious, anyway, aspersions were cast, it was explained by Makaveli, and then by me and then me again and the Mak again and then me again.

Any issues ?

Because I'm sure everyone is sick of reading this. That's why I said the thread was over.

I do have issues but they have been illustrated above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Lemlin wrote:
    My point: Could T4TF not of told myself or Big Nelly this without adopting approaches like "You called ? Your use of exclamation marks intrigues me."

Perhaps he could of avoided all this if he had. That's my point.

Thread over in my book.

Perhaps it could of been avoided if you didnt stop looking for petty fights with mods. Its getting tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I feel for Brian as i do think he tried his best. The thing is that hes just not up to the job. Hes got my respect but not my confidence.

T4TF: Calling people "son" is very condescending. While this works well enough in the "real" world where your (shall we say) superior worldy experience is evident. This isnt the case on an anonymous internet forum. For all you know Lemlin is going on 90 ;)

Anyway we are going slightly off topic there lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

we need brian kerr to sort this all out, quick get him, he's coming to a dole que near you soon

Perhaps it could of been avoided if you didnt stop looking for petty fights with mods. Its getting tedious.

And perhaps it would of been over if they hadn't been condescending as has been pointed out.

And I realised it was getting tedious, hence why I said my involvement was over twice. Who brought me back by asking questions both times though?

Now my involvement is over I hope.

God Pat Kenny let him off light, he never asks the hard questions. Kerr was talking a man fighting for his job, I just hope the FAI can find a decent replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭deadduck

kerr deserves another go, like the manager ahead of him. the players were at fault, not the manager. people are just looking for a scape goat and kerr is an easy target because we can chuck him out. if i had my way, half the team would be gone, they were muck, not the manager. maybe if we can clone given, play a complete team of him. can't do worse than what we have, bar a few exceptions

his rubbish on the right wing though lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭deadduck

andy or steven reid have us covered there, one of the areas were ok in

he's a bit off up front and not too strong down the middle, lol

_______________Given_______________

Lemlin wrote:
    Just wondering why the mods have to show so much attitude when they are supposed to be here to help people. They shouldn't really be saying stuff like:

"then maybe people will stop whinging over stupid little things.", "anything else" and particularly "You called ? Your use of exclamation marks intrigues me.."

If they find moderating the soccer board such a chore, perhaps they should leave it to someone else.

Anyway, topic closed in my book.

Ok, this is going off topic again but it's annoying me (and I hope I don't get banned for it).
    First of all as stated I don't mod this board.
    Second of all if you had read
    this post http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3482297&postcount=6
    or this one http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3482888&postcount=12
    or this one http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3484125&postcount=16
    you might have realised what had happened here.
    It gets tedious when you have to continually post the same thing over and over again and still have people question motives and make accusations.
    Hell, mods are people and guess what we get pissed off too.

The fact is, there was no reason for you to make assumptions when it was all spelled out in the 6th post, so it was a whinge over a stupid, little, insignificant thing.

You know it's really starting to annoy me the way people keep saying it was the player's fault not the managers. I mean ffs look at Kerr's selection and subsitutes, another manager could have done thing very different.

the blame is 75-25 to kerr, sometimes a good gaffer gets a lot out of bad players, kerr couldn't, i think his departure would mean a new boss with a new outlook would shake up the whole system.

i hope Aldrige gets the call (ive my bet on him)

Advertisement