Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Club

Options
  • 14-10-2005 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Are there any clubs in the Dublin area that teach older guys to box and spar? someone who just wants work on fitness and learning some boxing skill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

You could find it hard to find a club. From what I hear, most boxing clubs do not welcome guys who are older and/or who just want to spar and get fit.

You might be better off looking for a Muay Thai club. I hear that they are more laid back about who they take in. Yet Muay Thai is just as intense and tough as boxing. If you train and spar with one of these clubs it will do wonders for your fitness and toughness.

Even if you don't join a club and get to spar you could do the following which will improve your fitness and teach you a bit of boxing

a) purchase a heavy bag
    b) get gloves, wraps, pads etc. and a training partner
    c) practice the techniques on this website http://seaford.abc.users.btopenworld.com/contents.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sparta

Thanks BrianD3, good advice I will probably do as you suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

No probs. You would be better off posting your query in the self defence/martial arts forum as it is more training oriented than this forum is. There have been question similar to yours posted before and some useful responses given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

no problem, drop in to Phibsboro B.C any Tue, Wed or Fri around 6.30.

Advertisement