Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taboo Tuesday

• 14-10-2005 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭

Is this going to be on Sky Sports or Sky Box Office??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Box Office

and after last year's show i couldnt care less that it will be PPV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

If they had a few voting options like

Would you

a) Like to see John Cena get shot (out of a cannon)

b) Like to see how long John Cena survives unaided in Compton / Harlem

or

c) Like to never see John Cena again

Then it might be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

If they let you vote who would face Cena for the title and you could pick from anybody on the roster. My picks:

1) Flair
    2) Y2J (don't care if he's gone)
    3) Big Show
    4) Triple H
    5) Angle
    6) All of them in an Elimination Chamber with Cena vs Show first

apologies apologies

SPORT: Live WWE Taboo Tuesday
    Channel: Sky Sports 1
    Date: Wednesday 2nd November 2005
    Time: 01:00 to 06:00 (starting in 16 days)
    Duration: 5 hours.
    World Wrestling Entertainment Taboo Tuesday in San Diego. Now in its second year this event is unique as it allows the fans to decide the stipulations for the evening's matches.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

seems it will be on Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

how about a vote to sort out the rosters or even to introduce a rankin sysyem ala R.O.H. then again a diva fantesy match would be nice but instead of outfits a turning back of the clock to see options such as mud, pudding, or even the thanksgiving day gravy bowl match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Trampas

moongoose wrote:
    how about a vote to sort out the rosters or even to introduce a rankin sysyem ala R.O.H. then again a diva fantesy match would be nice but instead of outfits a turning back of the clock to see options such as mud, pudding, or even the thanksgiving day gravy bowl match

How about them wearing white t-shirt and white shorts match skin tight with nothing underneath and the fight can be a big shower or pool :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Do you all actualy think that they let the fans vote? Personally I think the matches are all decided well in advance. It's a money spinner. Sure whats new.....

i'd hardly call voting for free on line a money spinner but sure i agree about all match ups being pre determined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats kinda cynical IMO. Look at last year, where HBK was half crippled for his match with HHH after doing his knee in a match earlier in the night. Surely the WWE would have changed that match if they were going to disregard the fans votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

gimmick wrote:
    Thats kinda cynical IMO. Look at last year, where HBK was half crippled for his match with HHH after doing his knee in a match earlier in the night. Surely the WWE would have changed that match if they were going to disregard the fans votes.

aaaahhhhhhhhhh............ storyline.......

• Advertisement

What? Perhaps try again and actually say something this time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Is the show going to be 5 hours long? That seems a bit excessive. Usually they are just under 3 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't think the voting is rigged at all. Michaels last year is a great example. I think it is manipulated though. I mean it does n't take a genius to guess who will will win a vote between Kane, The Big Show and HBK. I think its generally a good idea. Anything that seperates a ppv from the 15 other blands with the exception of the big 4 is good in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

They pushed Benjamin into the spotlight running up to it so it was a safe guess that he'd be voted into the IC match with Jericho. If not Christian was the second biggest threat but he never came close to Shelton. It's a shame that Stevie Richards voting scam was stopped.

Nunu wrote:
    Is the show going to be 5 hours long? That seems a bit excessive. Usually they are just under 3 hours

doubt it will be 5 hours. there was another PPV a while back that was down for 10 hours. Sky need to inform Digiguide of the exact times and then it will be updated. thats what happened last time anyway

It has to be HBK in the main event. Myself i would prefer Kane to get the vote and win the championship but aint going to happen.

Kane would be the least likely to get it. I think the odds are as follows:

Favourite: HBK
    2nd: Big Show
    3rd: Kane

If Flair was up for it, I'd have tried my very own Nature Boy voting scam. Woooooooooooooo!!!

When does voting open for this, and can we vote over here?

If we can, Ill be doing the following

HBK
    Christian and Matt Hardy to face Masters and Edge (though I suspect it will end up being Rey and JBL)
    Streetfight for Austin/Coach
    Cheerleaders for the divas
    Steel cage for Flair/Trips
    Cactus Jack to be Foleys persona

Looks like it will be a decent ppv. I hope the WWE title changes hands, preferably Angle to win this, Michaels to win the rumble, therefore setting up a classic WM22 main event.

Voting Starts Monday Night.

I assume anyone can vote.

Anyone can vote.

www.wwe.com from tonight.

The King or The Coach will probably cast the first vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

so how did ye all vote?

voted for HBK in main event, cactus jack for foley, debate for coach/steve, jbl/hardy as smackdown wrestlers, submission for flair triple h, leather for divas, snuka for eugene,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Legend500

well are u sure its 5 hours long i mean wha could they possibly do 4 5 hours?::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

You can't vote for JBL and Hardy..only one of them. And it's only going to be 3 hours, obviously. More than likely 2:40.

I voted for Shawn in the main event, 1 fall to a finish for Flair/HHH (because it's obviously not going to be that stipulation..), Mankind for Foley (we've seen Cactus a loada times in the last few years, I miss Mankind!), debate for Coach/Austin (again, because it's obviously going to be a street fight, just want to see if I can make a difference!), JBL for SD wrestler (although I should have voted for Hardy or Christian, because JBL and Rey are the most likely), and Hacksaw for Eugene (thought he was great at homecoming, smackin his 2x4 off the barrier durin the ironman match). Think they might stick with a Kane/Big Show team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I picked Michales for the main event, cage for Naitch and H, the Dude for Foley, Hardy for the tag match, Snuka with Eugene, Street Fight for Austin.

debate for Coach/Austin

Ive a feeling this will actually be the stip here. Looking at other forums, loads of people are going for this. Good reasoning being that it will descend into violence anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brow wrote:
    I picked Michales for the main event, cage for Naitch and H, the Dude for Foley, Hardy for the tag match, Snuka with Eugene, Street Fight for Austin.

Same as me except I went for Mankind instead of Dude Love and Hacksaw Jim Duggan instead of Snuka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I went for Kane, purely because I don't recall him facing Cena before, and he hasn't faced Angle in a while (WM18?). Plus I’d like to see HBK in the tag match against one of his protégés, Lance Cade.

Legend500 wrote:
    well are u sure its 5 hours long i mean wha could they possibly do 4 5 hours?::
    SPORT: Live WWE Taboo Tuesday
    Channel: Sky Sports 1
    Date: Wednesday 2nd November 2005
    Time: 01:00 to 04:00 (starting in 5 days)
    Duration: 3 hours.
    World Wrestling Entertainment Taboo Tuesday in San Diego. Now in its second year this event is unique as it allows the fans to decide the stipulations for the evening's matches.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

Advertisement