Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor George

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

:rolleyes:

..he's like a white Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf..

PS: Thank you Hobbes for anything. I like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

That is not going to help his below 40 percent approval ratings

Air America are ripping into him big time, and I can't say I blame them. The idea of using the soldiers to stage a Q&A session like that is not going down well with Americans. Even fox featured it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The worst thing about it is not that its rehearsed - very few public appearances arent heavily planned in advance these days - its that its so stilted and woeful even with it being rehearsed. It was painful to watch. The soldiers who are dodging bullets managed to find some time to practise their lines and deliver them mostly well though they were doing their best to dodge questions, but Bush obviously didnt look at the notes until 5 minutes beforehand.

He only seemed to loosen up when he seemed to go slightly off the script he was supposed to stick to. At least, Im assuming thats why he perked up a bit with the questions/jokes about the soldier from NY being there at Ground Zero - dont think that was on the script cos she did her best to plow right on through it until she had said her scripted lines - and laughing when the Iraqi captain professed his love.

And as was said, how the White House ever released this is amazing. Every politician has crap PR days, but they are usually not sent out to broadcasters. As for Scott, how much does he get paid to be humiliated on TV every night? Hes basically cast out to the lions to defend people making lousy decisions. Crap, crap job.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sand wrote:
    And as was said, how the White House ever released this is amazing. Every politician has crap PR days, but they are usually not sent out to broadcasters.

It was sent out live as far as I know. It was only afterwards they got thier hands on the prerecording of the scripting process.

Apprantly he also uses a hammer like a girl. :D

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/002473.html#002473

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Talk about it just getting funnier... Appears that the woman in the staged interview is part of the media and hadn't even done anything of what she described.

http://villagevoice.com/blogs/bushbeat/archive/001948.php
    Her job when I was with the 42nd Infantry Division included taking reporters to lunch.

She lives in a fortified compound in Tikrit and rarely leaves.

Many public-affairs types in Iraq never leave their bases, and they're speaking for those who do the fighting and dying.

Ha Ha

That was excelent.

Good to see the White house press corps digging in as well as they are lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

As for Scott, how much does he get paid to be humiliated on TV every night? Hes basically cast out to the lions to defend people making lousy decisions. Crap, crap job.
    I know! Ari the cute bástard hopped ship along with the rats when he could. No harm, Im sure he'll be sliced and diced in public eventually.

Its funny, theres a weird atmosphere at the moment. On another board i frequent, republican spam volume has increased massively, with one guy up to 1200 posts in less then a month! :eek:
    Im still unsure as to where things are headed in the us, but I can smell the fear in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

You can also watch it here...

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/browse.jhtml

There is also the colbert report which is a daily show spin off spoofing the No-Spin-Zone.

Advertisement