Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart telecom POP3 problems

• 14-10-2005 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,

Could Garfield or somebody at Smart help me with the following problem please.

I got connected to smart broadband two days ago and I have problems with POP3. I have set up POP3 in outlook as per instructions. I have a mysmart email and an o2 email but neither works as they should.

The smart one comes up with error messages:
    Task 'pop.mysmart.ie -receiving'reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provdier (ISP) The server responded:-ERR AVG POP3 proxy server: Cannot connect to the mail server.

I don't seem to be able to either send or receive email on the mysmart email.

Then on the o2 email I am receiving emails but am not able to send. They seem t go out fine but nobody have received any emails from me.

Can you please urgently advise. I'm not happy about this problem. I have a lot of emails to send and am used to Oulook with POP3. I had a broadband contract with eircom previously and I never had POP3 problems...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I am on Smart after previously being on UTV.
    All I changed was

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mysmart.ie

as mentioned here
    http://support.smarttelecom.ie/bbsettings.htm

I have also found that my firewall (Sygate) plays up with smart broadband though, so I had to change to another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 joplin

I already have outgoing server as smtp.mysmart.ie....

As to firewalls, I do have microsoft XP professional firewall. But everyting else works so I don't understand why POP3 doesn't as it did before when with eircom.

Any others?

does anybody else have this problem or could somebody please help.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Make sure you have the settings correct for your smart email (POP, SMTP etc) then disable email scanning in your AVG anti virus. See if that helps.

i've already tried that. have also tried it with switching off firewall and that didn't work either. I've also done a repair on outlook, no diference. The error message i'm still getting is
    task pop3.02.ie sending reported error (0x800CCCoD) unable to find the e-mail server. please verify the server information on your account properties.

the outgoing server is definetely set up as stmp.mysmart.ie

i don't really know what to do and this is getting so annoying now to not be able to send emails from outlook 2003

I've also tried with outlook express, same thing. I even downladed mozilla thunderbird, same error message there too.

I've also deleted the accounts and set them up again, no difference. Could there be something else with the settings??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Make sure "Log on using Secure password Authentication (SPA)" is not ticked in settings.
    Task 'pop.mysmart.ie -receiving'reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provdier (ISP) The server responded:-ERR AVG POP3 proxy server: Cannot connect to the mail server.
    This error from your original post is usually caused by AVG. Did you try disabling AVG completely? Temporarily of course :)

no Log on using Secure password Authentication (SPA) is not ticked.

the error message I have now is

pop3.02.ie sending reported error (0x800CCCoD) unable to find the e-mail server. please verify the server information on your account properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Are you sure the outgoing server is set to

smtp.mysmart.ie port 25

Avg could be messing with the settings?

Iäve tried everything, AVG on/off firewall on/off

the setting is definetely smtp.mysmart.ie port 25

Advertisement