Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can You help me with a song name?

Options
  • 14-10-2005 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've just remembered recently this song i loved that was played loads on phantom maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

it was sung by one guy and a guitar, his voice sounded kinda oldish, american

The song was like a story of his life from when we was a kid to when he died, each verse going through a memory from a certain age.

it was something like "when i was three... my father used to say to me...." and something about skeltons on the porch at halloween. thats all the vague lyrics i can remember unfortunately.

i know its sketchy, but can anyone help me with artist and song name? would love to download it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

That would be Jeffrey Lewis - Back When I Was Four.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mAlice_2008

thank yee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

great song... tough to find in the shops(in cork atleast, dunno bout dublin), probably have better luck downloading it.. i even looked in an indie rec shop in Aberdeen that had quite an extensive range of music, and i couldn't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Should be able to get it in road records...meant to have a new album coming out soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cawo

i could'nt find it anywhere to download (eventually got a copy from somone in college) but if you pop urself into hmv grafton st, they'll overcharge you nicely for the album (which is worth it)
    BY THE WAY
    anyone else notice this new trend of paying through the nose for anything remotely obscure? back I was four, twas the other way 'round, and twas the chart stuff you'd pay more for, whereas the less well known stuff was cheaper so twould be easier to sell off... odd...

• Advertisement
Advertisement