Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting itunes format to winapp/realplayer/media player

Options
  • 14-10-2005 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Anybody know how I can convert some itune mp3s into a format that I can play without itunes, preferably media palyer, but whatever.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

You could try Cheetah Audio Converter.

It's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

mp3 files can be played on every media player ,i think you mean apples own format AAC ,
    which can be converted be iTunes itself by right clicking on the file in question and just click convert to mp3 , as in every conversion you will loose quality
    ps WinAmp will play mp3, and aac files (ACC files if you download the plugin)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/3092

"Convert from Apple iTunes Format
    Apple iTunes doesn't allow you to freely copy your music to devices other than your iPod. This hack shows you how to strip iTunes digital rights management so that you can use your files however you'd like.." (GPL software recommended...that's as close to OS as I can make this topic)

Advertisement