Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in Galway

• 14-10-2005 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi all. well im absolutely sick of it at this stage.
    5 weeks in the student accomodation and the internet is still not working. Going into the office complaining everyday getting the same response saying it will be up in a few days...
    Unallowed to get the eircom phone line in the house enabled and not possible to get internet access with NTL.
    so the only choice i have is wireless.

I was looking at digiweb and they seem ok...
    Im gonna stay away from IBB.
    Could anyone recommend anyone else...
    Digiweb is offering 35 euro a month but around 75 quid installation.
    Is there anyone offering a cheaper package?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

I've been down the same road myself.

If your in Glasan well they have a 2Mbit Leased line that is Crap and my friends tells me it Never ever works. Port blocked and all sorts of stupid security things

Glenn na Re, very slow again like 1Mbit or so for What, 300 apartments.

The new student apartments near NUIG are meant to have very good Wireless broadband.

Just get your SU to talk to them and keep nagging them about it. Then go to the advertiser and write about it. Then they will get worried!

I have IBB and I have to say it works in Galway. Know another 3 that find it great! Too, That is the Breeze. Wouldn’t recommend ripwave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

I know a guy in knocknacarra that has awful problems with his IBB 1meg breeze.
    His pings are dire, sc(+)pe is his nick his post

He got onto IBB eventually, he said he was on hold for like 30mins!!
    They told him feck all. Then he got the tech who installed it to call round, nothing he could do.
    More days past and he just flipped. He rang them, and told them that he was canceling DD.

Then the tech rang him and told him that IBB would give him free service until the problem could be fixed, and that he is free to cancell the contract if he sees fit.

moral of the story: GO FOR DIGIWEB IF YOU CAN

Its like playing Russian roulette, when you sign up with IBB, and if get good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

If there are problems he is having only in the last few weeks then it's due to problems with there Baes station in Galway, ESB Ballybane.

There offering current and new customers free! broadband unitll it's fixed, that is if you effected by it.
    Call the Cork office. ask for you SNR results on the connection if there below 20dB then thats the problem. but they should have not passed the LOS test if it's below that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

PlasmaFish wrote:
    If there are problems he is having only in the last few weeks then it's due to problems with there Baes station in Galway, ESB Ballybane.

There offering current and new customers free! broadband unitll it's fixed, that is if you effected by it.
    Call the Cork office. ask for you SNR results on the connection if there below 20dB then thats the problem. but they should have not passed the LOS test if it's below that.

Are you the IBB salesman in Galway who was banned for pimping a few months back under another Nickname .

As I suspect you are can you answer the following :

a) Ballybane is only live , why are there probs with it already ?
    b) You state that current and new customers in Galway are getting FREE BB (because they are all having probs) is this free rental only OR free rental and installation too?
    c) What is the number of the Cork office ?
    d) What magic can the Cork office do, apart from answer the phone faster and give you your 56 Varieties of excuses faster
    e) Why does IBB not just contact their customers and tell them that the service is free, thereby freeing up their lines until they fix their crap system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Plasmafish = Puma5k = ban!

• Advertisement
Advertisement