Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Blackburn - 2 Questions

• 14-10-2005 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool and Blackburn play at Anfield tomorrow, a fixture that Liverpool fans must loathe after recent seasons. Therefore, there are two big questions to be settled:

1. What minute will Lucas Neill get sent off in!?
    2. Which Liverpool player will miss the next few months with injury!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Not a good game to be bringing Kewell back?

5 & Josemi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You think thats funny, Morientes is due back tomorrow I'd nearly lay a bet that he gets one touch then is flattened by one of the following

Brad Friedel
    Lucas Neill
    Zurab Khizanishvili
    Andy Todd
    Garry Flitcroft
    Ryan Nelsen
    Brett Emerton
    Robbie Savage
    Shefki Kuqi
    Paul Dickov
    Craig Bellamy
    Peter Enckelman
    Steven Reid
    Aaron Mokoena
    Kerimoglu Tugay
    Matt Jansen
    Dominic Matteo
    Vratislav Gresko
    David Thompson
    Paul Gallagher
    Lorenzo Amoruso
    Jemal Johnson
    Andy Taylor
    Gary Harkins
    David Bentley
    Richard Lee
    Sergio Peter
    Michael Gray
    Steven Drench

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You forgot Traore lad, the man could do anything. Will be there and hoping for no injuries, but if there are any then I think it will be either Kewell or Mori, almost guaranteed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Gerrard playing or injured? Wouldn't mind if it was him, not my favourite player.

I'd imagine it'll be a striker though, usually is - Cisse last season, Baros the year before. Carragher also missed a while the year before. It was even Babbel, on loan from 'Pool, who took Baros out of it, guess he was very bitter.

Jokes aside though, I think Blackburn could get in amongst Liverpool and cause them problems. Pity Bellamy is missing but Kuqi showed against West Brom that he can step up to the fore.

Bentley should play right wing with Pedersen on the left and they should cause Liverpool some problems. Alsonso won't be too keen on Savage's physical approach I'd imagine.

Games between the two tend to end in draws but I'm hopeful of Blackburn doing it. Don't quote me on that at 5 tomorrow though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

You can be sure of one thing, Cisse will be on the bench if can keep his mouth shut long enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

nah, rover lads always break us up in Ewood park and not anfield.

I assure you, Lucas Neill is willing to break up Liverpool players in any park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

anyone know if its gonna be on tv or satelite?? got me the day off work and wanna kick things off early before headin out 2moro nite!

Setanta aren't showing it anyway. Not sure if RTE might have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

We got the medical team on standby, wonder if theres opta stats for how many times blackburn connect with liverpool players shins as opposed to the football. Lets hope the injured stays in single figures.

• Advertisement

We got the medical team on standby, wonder if theres opta stats for how many times blackburn connect with liverpool players shins as opposed to the football. Lets hope the injured stays in single figures.

We're not that bad. Last year Cisse's was a freak injury. The year before, it was Babbel, Liverpool's own player, who took Baros out.

Carragher's injury was from Neill though. I'm willing to admit that, and that he does have a penchant for picking up red cards against Liverpool.

I do think we bring back luck for Liverpool though. Blackburn fans will always have kind memories of Anfield in '95 on the other hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Im only joking :D, you lot are settling down this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

anyone know if its gonna be on tv or satelite?? got me the day off work and wanna kick things off early before headin out 2moro nite!

are u mad? they only show man utd matches on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

el rabitos wrote:
    are u mad? they only show man utd matches on tv.

the best place for them.

the best place for them.

bety, dont get people started on where we all think the best place for utd is

I agree Besty. Nothing better than watching Man Utd lose 2-1 to Blackburn on RTE alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

RTE are showing Chelsea / Bolton (2.30pm)

Two other games on Sky are Wigan / Newcastle (Prem+ 1pm)
    and Middlesboro/Portsmouth (SS2 5pm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

luis garcia by dickov, only a yellow, gerrard to score 1st after the 60min 1-0 final score
    odds anyone?

A million to one I'd say seeing as Gerrard isn't going to play. He's injured.

ah indeed, i did not know that, i very rarely keep track of uk soccer im an el man myself, but i do bet on epl, injured? hum, how about zenden as 1st goalscorer?

• Advertisement

Check Paddypower.com, I can'tcheck it here in work.

Btw, I wouldn't really recommend betting on something you rarely keep track of.

oh no i keep an intrest its just team specific stuff injuries etc. that i don't follow, i used to be a huge LUFC fan years ago but when they let o'leary go i was desgusted and stop my "love affair" with the EPL, so i know whats going on teams, whos who etc,

i'm not really chasing any odds just saying it in passing, more imagine my chances ongetting it right

i got my el bet up last night of 4 home wins yay (even though i bet against my beloved rovers)

btw cheers for trying to help me out and the advice was a nice touch, you sir will be added to my buddy list

Teams:

Blackburn
    Friedel
    Gray
    Khizanishvili
    Neill
    Nelsen
    Bentley
    Pedersen
    Savage
    Tugay
    Dickov
    Kuqi

Liverpool
    Reina
    Carragher
    Finnan
    Josemi
    Traore
    Alonso
    Sissoko
    Warnock
    Zenden
    Cisse
    Crouch

Come on Rovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Lemlin wrote:
    Teams:

Blackburn
    Friedel
    Gray
    Khizanishvili
    Neill
    Nelsen
    Bentley
    Pedersen
    Savage
    Tugay
    Dickov
    Kuqi

Liverpool
    Reina
    Carragher
    Finnan
    Josemi
    Traore
    Alonso
    Sissoko
    Warnock
    Zenden
    Cisse
    Crouch

Come on Rovers!

tis an odd starting midfield for liverpool is it not. Is there any site that I can listen to commentary on the Liverpool match or is it on the radio ? Just need somewhere to get the latest updates.

I haven't audio commentary but Soccernet.com gives a running text commentary of what's happening on the gamecast on its website.

Think the Blackburn wingers, Bentley and Pedersen, should be able to cause Liverpool problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

you can look at the live text on http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/live_text/default.stm#
    its the five live page i believe
    come on the pool

Zurab Khizanishvili (Blackburn) dismissed for professional foul. 31 minutes... took longer than i expected!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Khizanishvili sent off should make things interesting! Dickov off and Todd on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Whats the bets on another broken leg... hmmmm

Damn it! Was expecting Neill if anyone to get a red. Zurab is only new too. It's up to Pedersen to unlock the Liverpool defence now.

he just wanted to bring on the tradition and not let anybody down....no broken legs yet but soon..... probably and i hope its Pedersens!!!!

probably and i hope its Pedersens!!!!

You've got the wrong team there. And, just for that, I hope Sissoko and Alonso miss the next six months!!!!

That'll leave you with bandy legs Gerrard who never lasts too long.

Ok ban those two tools...

random abuse there Lemlin, and it would probably take more than the whole Blackburn team to take Sissoko down, he's a little animal!!!

• Advertisement

Garcia on for Josemi in a tactical switch! Come on Liverpool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Why does Benitiz hate Riise so?

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Ok ban those two tools...

It's called sarcasm lads - I'm playing off the fact that everyone acts as if Blackburn are a crowd of thugs. Like you were when you said:

Whats the bets on another broken leg... hmmmm

Btw, its you who should be banned for referring to us as "tools".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mark wrote:
    Why does Benitiz hate Riise so?

and thinks Traore should be given a squad number. Go figure.

Morientes is on for Crouch! Not another draw please!

• Advertisement

I think he sees Risse as a midfielder now.. Not sure..

Just as I posted Cisse scores!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cisse!

Its sounds like Liverpool are playing absolutly crap football, but is that due to Blackburn or rafa?

Mike.

I think he sees Risse as a midfielder now.. Not sure..

He thinks the same about Zenden, look where that got him.

Woop about time

Risse is on now for Warnock!

Come on Blackburn, still time to come back!

Risse is on now for Warnock!

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Why wont he play the two together down the left? I think with Riise bombing forward and Warnock behind him being really solid it could be a very good partnership.

lemlin, do you actually support blackburn or any team in particular or are you just on the bandwaggon of liverpools opposition each week? just out of interest like...you seem to turn up in every liverpool thread to offer the negative side of the arguement

lemlin, do you actually support blackburn or any team in particular or are you just on the bandwaggon of liverpools opposition each week? just out of interest like...you seem to turn up in every liverpool thread to offer the negative side of the arguement

Support Blackburn. Can't see when I've showed a negative side to Liverpool though. Have to admit that I don't like them or United though. Far prefer Chelsea and Arsenal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement