Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollup2 for MCE 2005 now available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Cool.. Does it provide the Irish EPG and correct channel information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

The Irish EPG is there alright, but I've had a problem scanning on the tuner which reports nothing found. Yet if I hit the guide button I see the guide and the channels, it's a little odd. That and my new toslink to optical cable isn't doing the business for me either ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MacXP_Irl

Yeah can confirm the irish EPG but the tuning space is all messed up for me. I think the registry is set for NTL analog cable. I've got chorus analog but managed to get the tuning working by using a frequency table, excel and manually editing the tuning space. All seems to be well now. Just got to assosciate the EPG with the channels now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 prechaun

Hey everybody,
    Is anybody managing to get there tuner to scan properly? I had (almost) everything working before i installed rollup 2 and its update. But since installing them, when i'm setting up my tv signal and it goes to scan for services the bar just skips from 0% to 100% instantly and says there are no services! Any help anybody? I have normal ntl cable in leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭garethmc

Yes update rollup 2 has been available from 14th October along with the Irish EPG for Analogue Terrestrial / Analogue Cable / Digital Cable and Satellite. The guide is still currently unmapped so you need to manually map to tuned frequencies for analogue or Channel # for digital.

The EPG still have a few teething problems so if you want to let me know of your issues I can enter bugs. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Hi Prechaun,

I had the same problem with a Club 3d tuner. I replaced it with a different one and it worked first time. Rule of thumb, if its not on the HCL then you'll have a problem.

Cheerio
    Howard

Just on the subject of changing tuners, I had originally attempted to use the tuner from an ATI all in wonder 9800SE. When the results were a little less than useable, I bought a hauppage pvr500mce. Unfortunately a direct swap-in / swap-out caused a lot of problems (possibly caused by residual references to the ATI drivers/tuner), which were only resolved by a complete re-install.

Best advice is to use some kind of imaging tool, and take snapshots of your install at various stages (i.e. install completed / roll-up 2 installed / all working / etc) so you can restore at any stage. Symantec Ghost is recommended!

For example, at one stage I installed the Gordion Knott codec pack, which completely messed-up the MCE (crashed every 5 seconds). Restored the image, and didn't install the codecs, and everything works fine.. Still no fast forward/rewind on Xvid content, but sure, you can't have everything!

garethmc wrote:
    The EPG still have a few teething problems so if you want to let me know of your issues I can enter bugs. I'll keep my eye on this thread.
    Gareth: Given that Nicklodeon and Paramount share the same channel on NTL analog, and you can only associate a single set of program guide data with a specific channel, do you know of any way to copy a channel and associate a different set of program guide data?

At the moment, the guide reports 'Channel-off-air' after 6pm (or whatever time the channel switches from Nick to Paramount).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 prechaun

hshortt wrote:
    Hi Prechaun,

I had the same problem with a Club 3d tuner. I replaced it with a different one and it worked first time. Rule of thumb, if its not on the HCL then you'll have a problem.

Cheerio
    Howard

Hey,
    Could it be the case that a tuner would work before rollup 2 but not work after it? My tuner was never "supported", but it did work before the rollup. Thanks

Advertisement