Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive threads on same subject

Options
  • 15-09-2001 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm really finding these ADSL discussions an increasing pain to sift through. There's around 20 threads going on the same subject now, and it's making extraction the basic arguments quite difficult for me, let alone a casual visitor..

If someone reckons they have a substantive development or contribution to add to the for/against arguments, could I suggest they integrate the information into the IOWIKI in addition to / instead of just replying to a thread that will get lost in the noise here within a day or two.

Just a thought.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭E-Hub

i agree May i be so bold as to suggest something,

Maybe, someone like bard or another committe member should post a topic on the main points and every one could be directed there and additional topics closed.

I.E. a topic on Caps,
    a topic on FRIACO
    a Topic on ADSL as a service .

then any topic that talks about these subjects could be closed living just one topic.
    this would organize us alot, and make the board easyier to read, its just to hard to follow with out a great deal of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by E-Hub
    i agree May i be so bold as to suggest something,

No :)

--

There are a lot of threads on Eircom's ADSL products because a lot of people have very varied and strong feelings about it. I don't think that the number of threads has really gotten out of hand as yet. It's the topic of the moment - it's a current event, - so there's bound to be a lot of discussion on it.

If it does get to be too much, I'll have no hesitation in closing the threads that are 'superfluous'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 JANER

I agree with Bard
    Ferus it just goes to show the complete hatred of Eircom the amount of respones/views on this adsl
    i think its better left the way it is....
    a casuel reader def can't miss it now!
    so the more that know about Eircom fvckers the better!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement