Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wow is spyware!?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I think similar to poker clients, most MMORPGs need to have code which helps protect the entire user base from people using bots. It's trivial to write bots to xp using things like Autoit, however doing this completely destroys the game. On teh intarweb there are lots of automatic WoW clients which play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

It does invade privacy but im sure its the onlyway that WOW can makesure that the highest percentage of people on the servers are not cheating.

I dont play WOW i play GuildWars the odd time but i would only have a problem with this if the information was being stored but it seems that its just comparing to known cheating programs etc and not being stored.

Advertisement