Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazing Race

• 14-10-2005 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this on Living (poss Living2)? Like all other US reality shows, it's edited to within an inch of its life to crank up tensions, hostility, "plot", etc. It's fairly non-stop though, and with Jerry "Bad Boys" Bruckheimer at the helm, that's no surprise.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great idea, if poorly implemented.
    Myself and my cousion were trying to organise an amazing race after watching it though. Still in the planning stages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

It's one of the best US reality efforts imo -- it's annoying that Living/Living2 have screwed up the order so badly though. They started with Season 7, then went back to S6, then back to S3 and starting S4 October 24th.

Flo (from S3 that's still on until next week) is possibly *THE* most annoying reality show contestant ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

TCamen wrote:
    It's one of the best US reality efforts imo -- it's annoying that Living/Living2 have screwed up the order so badly though. They started with Season 7, then went back to S6, then back to S3 and starting S4 October 24th..
    It is by far the best American reality show and it has won the Emmy for that the last couple of years. However the current series (8) sucks big time. They have gone for family teams of four including kids. Three episodes have gone by and they haven't even left the U.S. yet.
    TCamen wrote:
    Flo (from S3 that's still on until next week) is possibly *THE* most annoying reality show contestant ever.
    Apart from Omarosa from The Apprentice (USA).

It is by far the best American reality show and it has won the Emmy for that the last couple of years.

It's about the only deserved Emmy that's been given out in recent years.
    However the current series (8) sucks big time. They have gone for family teams of four including kids.

Yeah, it's what's put me off asking my cousins for the episodes -- just don't get the family angle at all. The series works best with two-person teams rushing all over the world, not being weighed down with children. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

TCamen wrote:
    Although Iain (from the same series) runs a close second.

Oh, God; Amoroso...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There is absolutely nothing real about reality TV. It's totally contrived.
    How anybody can get sucked into this type of tripe is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From all the Amazing Race series, Mirna and 'shmirna' (can't remember her real name :)) stand out for me as being the most annoying....

TmB wrote:
    From all the Amazing Race series, Mirna and 'shmirna' (can't remember her real name :)) stand out for me as being the most annoying....

... Charla though I am not sure which was which. The midget wasn't too bad.

Some other annoying Amazing Racers for me were
    - Ron of Ron and Kelly who kept reminding everyone every five minutes that he was an ex POW in Iraq.
    - Jonathan of Jonathan and Victoria who despite being with an ex Playboy model spent the whole time bitching and bullying her.
    - Team Guido the gay couple from season 1

I hated Freddie and Kendra, she was just shocking with her comments about some of the poorer countries they raced in. I really wanted Kris and Jon to win that season.
    Ron of Ron and Kelly who kept reminding everyone every five minutes that he was an ex POW in Iraq.

He was seriously annoying, though she wasn't much better with all her 'former beauty queen' reminders.
    Jonathan of Jonathan and Victoria who despite being with an ex Playboy model spent the whole time bitching and bullying her.

I actually thought they were quite funny to watch -- she sometimes gave as good as she got. I loved the bit when Victoria was saying 'vite, vite' (go fast) to the cab driver, and Jonathan turns and looks at her, then turns back to the cab driver and says 'beep beep' because that's what he thought she was saying :D
    The time he shoved her was pretty bad though.

Ian's constant "hoorahs" and gum-chewing and shouting are really annoying, though I laugh every time he just hands Terri the clues to open and read because, apparently that's below him :rolleyes:

TCamen wrote:
    I actually thought they were quite funny to watch -- she sometimes gave as good as she got. I loved the bit when Victoria was saying 'vite, vite' (go fast) to the cab driver, and Jonathan turns and looks at her, then turns back to the cab driver and says 'beep beep' because that's what he thought she was saying :D
    The time he shoved her was pretty bad though.

The classic "My Ox is broken!" line which he came out with during one ploughing task is probably the best single line ever uttered on the Amazing Race.

• Advertisement

My last reply seems to have disappeared in the transfer of servers -- or whatever techie changeover happened ;)

Anyway, I can't believe Flo walked away with half a million dollars!! I probably wanted the other two teams to win less, but damn she really didn't deserve *any* money after the laziness she displayed in the last few legs, not to mention the moaning and bitching....and moaning and bitching!

Advertisement