Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird Flue

Options
  • 14-10-2005 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Anyone

Has anyone heard of any advice/precautions or things to be aware of for the upcomming season ?

Regards,
    Wexfordman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Took a look on the NARGC website and they dont say anythin about it i guess you could email them if you wanted to be sure. Their website is www.nargc.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

I suppose a cover on the chimney pot would help.. ;)
    Them feckin crow's would build anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Watch out for any ducks and geese that have red beaks,are sniffling and sneezeing alot and queing up outside the chemists looking for Tramiflu!!!! :D:D:D
    Realistically,you wouldnt really know if a bird has it unless it is examined under lab conditions.From what I can see is you have to be in real heavyclose contact with poultry for this to effect humans.Most of the deaths sofar are related to poultry workers.Better chance of getting it from some of this "irish" chicken we get in some supermarkets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

From what I can see is you have to be in real heavyclose contact with poultry for this to effect humans.

With the cold weather moving in & migratory duck such as Teal starting to arrive from mainland europe, there should be more information available on it. How much closer does the hunter have to get to the bird to be at risk? Romania & Turkey have already banned hunting as a precautionary measure. See also theThe Department of Agriculture statement on the bird flu, But nothing on hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect what you have to look out for is (before you shoot them) dead or dying birds, rather than the ones you shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

The Wigeon are here!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

What being said in the UK..

BASC Statement

Advertisement