Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car audio question

Options
  • 14-10-2005 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Picked up a cheap and cheerful 4 x 40W car radio. Have 4 x 20W speakers fitted already. Will I damage the radio and/or speakers over time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Only if you turn the volume up too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you are safe there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

If your just intrested in hearing music thru the speakers then you'l get by fine,If your intrested in sound quality at all it'd be worth your while investing in a 4channel amp to run the speakers instead of running them from the HU's small internal amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 modbhcci

Thanks all for feedback. Tevion unit from Aldi (I did say cheap) being fitted to '98 Mondeo. Don't want extra expense / work replacing factory fitted 20W speakers. This 4 channel amp you mentioned.........where could I get it? cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Tbh theres not much point adding an amp to your system with standard factory speakers,if you were to upgrade them you would notice a big difference in sound quality from running speakers off an amp instead of the Headunit.

If your happy with the sound when the radio is in then you have no need to worry about an extra amp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement