Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaiser Chiefs to get new singer

Options
  • 14-10-2005 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Ricky Wilson to become DJ

Kaiser Chiefs are to get a new singer following frontman Ricky Wilson's decision to become a radio DJ.

Wilson is to swap jobs with BBC Radio 2 presenter Mark Radcliffe for one night only as part of a special show on Monday (October 17).

Kicking off at 10.30pm, the singer will be introducing live sets in the studio from his band, who will be playing their new single 'Modern Way', 'Sink That Ship' and 'I Predict A Riot' with Radcliffe on vocals.

Radcliffe said: "I'm a big fan of the Kaiser Chiefs but often thought they could do with a better lead singer. Now they're going to have one. I've also been very impressed by my own radio shows but thought that there must be a better presenter available. Now we have one of those as well."

The Radio 2 presenter co-founded The Shirehorses with fellow DJ Marc Riley and now plays with The Family Mahone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Boo! I liked that singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Dont worry lad, its for one night only, should be interesting though.

Advertisement