Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At The Drive In

Options
  • 14-10-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey

Anyone here like At The Drive In?

I think they are a great bad and I cant stop listening to their songs, especially Enfilade, Pattern against user, Cosmonaut and picket fence cartel.

Please post up your opinions, sorry if a thread about this band has been made already:)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know At The Drive In are, unfortunately, no more?

They split up years ago. I did get to see them live in TBMC though, they were insane.

I think that Mars Volta band contains some of the members, but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

really? o damn, yea mars volta does contain one or maybe two of at the drive ins members, o that sucks that they are no more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

shortys94 wrote:
    that sucks that they are no more

no it doesn't :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah - Deloused in the Comatorium is better than anything ATDI produced if you ask me.

That said, Catacombs is a fantastic track, and Relationship of Command is a damn good album. Not so wild about the rest of their stuff.
    I'd have loved to have seen them live, despite their "No moshing" rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ATD-I were fantastic, saw them in the TBMC a few years back, absolutely incredible! :)

Sparta also contain some former members, but are not a patch on Mars Volta! In reference to the Linkin Park thread, Sparta can be considered a pop act because of their boring repetitive predictable song structures. Mars Volta however... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

iv only heard 1 or 2 atdi songs and they sound exactly like a mars volta song in my opinion.Is it the same singer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I actually prefer Sparta to The Mars Volta, find TMV mind-numbingly pretencious. Thought they were interesting at Witnness two years ago, don't know if I'd think the same now.

At the Drive-In gave a very good mix between the two bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I never really liked them to be honest,much preferred their second incarnation The Mars Volta.They seem much more able to stay just the right side of bonkers than ATDI. :D

I really don't get how people think ATDI or TMV are in any way progressive? They're really quite dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Give me At The Drive In over The Mars Volta anyday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

any recommend any good mars volta songs? i have a good few but recommendations would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

shortys94 wrote:
    any recommend any good mars volta songs? i have a good few but recommendations would be great
    roulette dares, cicatriz esp, drunkship of lanterns, take the veil cerpin taxt, pretty much all of the first album. their second one is great too, but a bit more extreme....

At The Drive-In were excellent, but imo their drummer was inferior, which is why i prefer TMV over them (and sparta, who suck...)

i actually havnt listened to ATD-I in yonks, gonna click 'em now :D
    ps quarintined is my fav ATD-I song :p

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Personally i prefer the mars volta but at the drive in were quite good in their day. Any1 get Omars solo album????

ive found omars album impossible to get hold of. i'd love to hear it....

I think Road Records might have it

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I saw it in HMV a week or two ago. Awfully shiny artwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

The mars volta are good
    Frances the mute however is a brutal album, shocking stuff
    At the drive are outstanding, one armed scissor is one of my fav songs of all time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I agree - Frances the Mute was shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I agree - Frances the Mute was shockingly good.

Fixed.

great band, if you look back at the press from 2001 youl see there was massive hype about them, hard to get their early stuff though
    didnt think much of tmv's second album
    think its the singer and lead guitarist from atdi in tmv, think cedric and omar are their names

• Advertisement

got hold of omars solo album today....
    what a strange person he is.

i think he takes ambience a little too seriously, but theres some good parts of his songs. not a scratch on the full effort of TMV though........

Advertisement