Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

audio packages

Options
  • 14-10-2005 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

anyone know a good irish or european site that gives good deals on audio packages.. subs speakers amps wires etc

icetronix.com seems a bit expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What exactly are you looking for?
    www.caraudiosecurity.co.uk have a much wider selection than the above site and there easy and good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

www.besecure2000.com
    Dealt with them in the past, fast and efficient service.

Theres also another company floating about called www.icebuyer.ie , there prices seem very cheap but ive heard a lot of bad things about there customer service and charging you more than is advertised on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

thanks guys
    eireal wrote:
    What exactly are you looking for?
    www.caraudiosecurity.co.uk have a much wider selection than the above site and there easy and good to deal with.

a sub(or2), amp, 6x9s and a head unit with mp3 playback & usb port
    saw one on amazon for about 80euros orso.

my budget is 900

Stay away from 6x9s,put your money towards a good set of front components and an amp to run them if you havnt got them already.If you really want rear fill then get coaxials but DONT use 6x9's when using subs,it messes up the soundstage and in general there crap!

900 should be enough to get you a good set up,avoid if possible headunits from the states due to there freq difference unless you dont really care about listening to the radio,there's not really a need for a hu with a usb port aswell as mp3 playback as once it has an aux preout you can hook whatever you want up thru there.

The more preouts the better if you wish to expand in future,also the higher voltage the preout the better again.Dont be fooled by packages either that state "3000 watts" There only max output guestimates,what you should look for is the rms value of speakers and amps and match them up from that not the max power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

any idea who can install equipment in the Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

ando wrote:

yourself is always the best bet ando. there is nothing to it really once your not out in the rain

ando wrote:

What dya need installed?It's fairly pricey getting any car audio installed best is diy.I can go into detail with you tho if you tell me what it is your doing

i was thinking sub, amp with 2 6*9's at the back.Never seen anyone do an installation so I'm sorta in the dark

Dya want a boot install like this for example

el43dt.jpg

Or just a sub in its box put into the boot and wired?Ive always done my own and they've turned out well so i can give ya a hand if you want.

• Advertisement

eireal wrote:
    Dya want a boot install like this for example

jaysus no m8 :) As impressive as that looks, all I want is to upgrade the standard speakers. I dont care what it looks like tbh. At the moment my stock system is awful with bass, the stereo will automatically turn down the volume to protect the speakers :rolleyes: Its a pain when listening to dance music

I think the best bet is a sub in its box with 2 speakers close by... I havent got the equipment yet, still looking. I'm trying to get a HU first with SD/USB ports

ando wrote:

I think the best bet is a sub in its box with 2 speakers close by... I havent got the equipment yet, still looking. I'm trying to get a HU first with SD/USB ports

Good amp'd components are what you need for a start,if space or weight is a problem you can get subs as small as 8"'s that will still pack a punch.6x9s arent going to be of any use to you with a sub in an install.

When it comes to speakers and amps your better off listening to what other people are using to get a feel for the sound.Dont be fooled by big walls of speakers in shops(for example in halfords) as they may sound great but behind them wall's there's EQ's making them sound better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Ando, I can save you a few quid with this reply...

if your going sub-route don't waste money on 6x9's as well. Best setup (non show purposes) for you would be, single enclosed sub, a better set of components bought with the money saved from the 6x9s, a decent RMS rated 4 channel Amp and to complete the cycle a good 4x40/4x50watt RMS headunit with a couple of powered pre-outs (2). May I suggest Alpine.
    wire it all together with some decent guage cabling, earthed correctly and your laughing

thanks lads for the advice. 1 question, pre-outs... is that for conneting something like an external hd for an extra few gigs of music?

Nope,pre-outs are for sending signals for additional amplifiers,the higher the preou voltage the better.

If you get an mp3 Hu your not going to have a need for sticking an external HD to it really but if the Hu has an Aux input then you can run a phono to jack cable from this into your ipod(or any other device that has a jack input)and use that as an extra source

Id also reccomend not buying sony speakers or aplifiers,any amps or speakers in the maplin range or brands like pyle/legacy/mac audio/ballistic as there powers are overexaggerated and they basically sound crap!

Alpine/pioneer/rockford fosgate can be gotten for slightly higher prices than the above but there far far better.

You also have the option of (if you like really deep bass) getting a ported sub box instead of a sealed one.The sub will drop to lower freq's but you will loose some of its "punchiness" its down to your own personal preferance really

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Whats the product codes for them both,i cant access the page from a direct link

Advertisement