Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echelon..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

as i suspected . there all out to get me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

kill
    president
    bush
    USA
    queen
    die
    die
    die
    bomb
    guns
    cuba
    assassinate
    cia
    fbi

Hello Echelon 0_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

your forgetting some words
    • turnip
    • cabbage
    • nuke
    • red days
    • time of month
    • gravy everywhere
    • midnight solous
    • end of days
    • red flags
    • blind ppl flying planes
    • queens
    • mosco
    • blame canada

and many more which i wont say because im prolly annoying ppl at this very moment in time . am i ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I Would not have a problem with being monitered as long as:
    1. They use resources to catch criminal ( paedophiles)
    2. And catch terrorists i.e. Bin "I blow stuff up" Laden

I'm sure anyone who really cares about societies common good will agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

I would have a major problem being monitored. Your ment to be innocent untill proven guilty. with this your guilty untill proven innocent. Which if your innocent is never.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

we would be innocent , we wouldn't be locked up in jail , ok for instance:

Pretend the internet/our telefons is a plane waiting to take off.

In an airport as we board we are checked as we walk through the metal detectors , so that we have no guns/knive/watever ,

This does not make us "guilty untill proven innocent"

Our luggage is put past sniffer dogs (this happens to all luggage) it is not opened the dogs simply stand behing the luggage pick up terminal and smell for druggs.

This does not make us "guilty untill proven innocent"

So overall the common good is being protected.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The fact remains that anyone with any cop on doing anything remotely illegal will use some encryption. I know I would....

Just to put a cat amongst the applecarts, I sig all my unimportant mails with "For the benefit of Echelon: FBI, Gadaffi, Motorcade, tactical nuclear strike, new world order, etc etc"

I remember a list of the "hot words" being published somewhere before and I seem to recall anything vaguely republican being part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by pertinax
    I would have a major problem being monitored. Your ment to be innocent untill proven guilty. with this your guilty untill proven innocent. Which if your innocent is never.

What an eloquent and accurate way to sum up the Bush administration to date. Rock on George Dubbya, just dont monitor my internet traffic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

talking about yer man ban ladan or what ever his name is.

some smart american artist has come up with this

rebuild.jpg

make up your own mind as to what it represents :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yesterday's Indo, the NSA admitted they run this phone listening thing, and I'm trying to find a link as I speak.....OK, can't do, so I'll just quote, if you wanna see it for yourself, you'll need yesterday's Indo, in the special 'week in review bit'. Page 5, Top story Entitled 'How the CIA tracked the world's most evil men', column 3, Paragraph 5,
    The National Security Agency, which runs the US Echelon listening system, eavesdrops on every telephone call made in America and millions in other parts of the world. Its computer, which occupies three floors of its Maryland HQm sifts through billions of calls every week, looking for key words such as Bin Laden or one of the terrorist's aliases, such as 'Snake'

So it does exist. No doubts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement