Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only bad experiences with IBB

• 14-10-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello

I have had bad experiences only with IrishBroadband and advise anyone who can get broadband with a standard provider to do so.
    Originally I tried RipWave and sent it back after a few days. It was the worst thing ever. Then I was convinced to try Breeze and some guys came to put a aerial on the roof 3 months ago. During the first few days everything was kind of ok, but nothing near the advertised speed and reliability. Then after about a week suddendly one morning the speed was similar to the speed of a 14.4 Kb dialup connection. I rang and rang and rang and finally after 3 days it was back to normal (normal in the sense of Irishbroadband which similar more or less similar to ISDN speed not of a standard expected broadband connection). After a few weeks same problem for a few days). The internet was basically unusable for a few days, I could not connect to work, lost time, etc...It was then back for maybe one month working , then the day before yestreday, same problem again. Two days and still no internet available....well it is available... if you are ready to wait 10 minutes every time a page is downloaded. I'm ready now to block the payment. It cannot go on like that. I will ring the credit card company and stop the payment and go with another provider next week.

....just my 2 cents to advise you to steer clear from IBB if you can get something else. It will save you a lot of hassle and time

T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I've had only good experiences with IBB.

Requested installation: immediate. Service is excellent, top speeds 24/7.

I'm a heavy downloader so I requested an upgrade: immediate.

I'm an IBB customer and I couldn't be happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

Same here, dirt service for the past week. 28 kbps. Throwing in the towel myself. Its the lack of customer service that really gets to me.

banquo wrote:
    I've had only good experiences with IBB.

Requested installation: immediate. Service is excellent, top speeds 24/7.

I'm a heavy downloader so I requested an upgrade: immediate.

I'm an IBB customer and I couldn't be happier.

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

arcane99 wrote:
    Same here, dirt service for the past week. 28 kbps. Throwing in the towel myself. Its the lack of customer service that really gets to me.

Ditto

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

The whole point of being in business as an ISP means that the whole customer base needs to be happy with the service that is provided. They may well be happy customers but the complaints far outweigh the compliments. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Macker1 wrote:
    They may well be happy customers but the complaints far outweigh the compliments. :rolleyes:

Probably true for 99.9% of organisations worldwide. Almost nobody contacts a company to tell them what a good job they're doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Sarsfield wrote:
    Probably true for 99.9% of organisations worldwide. Almost nobody contacts a company to tell them what a good job they're doing!

IBB do not need to hear how good a job their doing. They are getting paid to provide a service and are failing to meet that requirement. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ibb have been muck. 10 month with them. First problem took 2 months to sort, second problem took 3 months to sort. Now 3 weeks into my third problem. So its been down more than its been up and they took all my money for that.

Advertisement