Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any conclusion?

• 14-10-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Ok this is weird talking about this but here goes, things seem to happen in my house now and then which i cant exactly explain. nothing has happend in awhile, but ill tell you about things that have happend to me anyway. where to begin? few years back i was about 15 i guess at the time (now 24), anyway i was home alone from school, no one else was in the house at the time, i was just lazying in the sitting room, all quite when i heard a screeching noise from the kitchen, this wasnt an unusal nosie to hear, it use to come from any of us trying to move the old wooden chair in the kitchen, it was very heavy so you would have to drag it across the floor when moving it. Now i was alone which i was very much aware of, secondly i know for a fact my grandmother died in the chair! when i plucked up the b@lls to go into the kitchen, it was in its original place. there was no mistaking the sound i heard, i was the chair moving!
    Another time i was lying in bed, it was late bout 3 in the morning, i couldnt sleep, so i rolled over to face the door, then this pure white light lit up outside my door, id say in the far corner of the landing, it slowly lit up and went out, this continued for about 15 mins, never found out what it was, although ive read similar exps on websites.
    Also once i was lying in bed (yes another bed story) beginging to drift off, when all of a sudden i felt this heavy pressure push down on me slowly, all over my body from the neck down, couldn't move, i could hear the springs on the bed creak below me to, so i know it happened, then it just kinda drifted off from me, i roled over and tried to sleep with my eyes open! more minor things have happend, put somthing down, turn around its gone, smells, like roses then a horrible smell at a dif time (please no jokes!), what soud like whispers, thers a few more, but im prob boring you, but befoe i finish somthing elese, while these houses were being built, our house actually had some guy squating in in for a few weeks, few months after we moved in, and he move out, he was killed in a car crash!!!
    So any advice comments, let me know.

thnaks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

First of all, I'll just say that you won't really get any 'conclusion' from someone here, assuming the conclusion you want is either 'yes your house is haunted', or 'no, you're just imagining it'. While there are people who can walk into a building and often can say that it is haunted, it's really up to you to decide based on your own knowledge and experiences. It would be nice if someone had all the answers but personally I'd be very wary of anyone who claimed to. ;)

The only other thing I can add is that from what little I know of ghosts/spirits, and the situation you've described, I don't think it's likely that the squatter has much relevance. Hauntings tend to be associated with either items or places which would have had meaning to the deceased, such as the chair you grandmother died in, or else they are associated with some location through a traumatic death. Altough as I said, I don't know a lot about this kind of thing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The third thing that happened sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis. The rest I have no idea.

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html <--- Page on sleep paralysis.

Advertisement