Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosaics

• 14-10-2005 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi there !

Anyone ever tried doing mosaics?
    Anyone tried to do it in their garden or bathroom ?
    Where can I buy all the stuffs to get started ?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

most large retail art stores would stock supplies of tiles, they can be a bit pricey so shop around.
    inspiring ideas has a small selection and maybe you could try the internet if you wanted to buy in bulk; http://www.corkartsupplies.com/store/search.asp?keyword=mosaic

i haven't done it before but i do think it can look very attractive if done correctly in bathrooms.
    you might need water protected tiles from a hardware store though if you are doing it in an area it's likely to get wet (eg through steam etc), try woodies or texas/ atlantic hardwear stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I did it in school and at a few art courses, we did a giant wall in my art room that turned out really well. You can actually get tiles on ebay.co.uk, I haven't compared prices though, so I don't know how expensive they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

if you want to do it on the cheap go to any title factory and ask for broken titles they'll be happy to let you take what every you want .

Advertisement