Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to pump?

Options
  • 14-10-2005 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know a gasoline shop with a car pump that you can use for your bike?

Thanks,
    Gustavo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes.
    Next!

:rolleyes:

Anywhere in specific..? County even? Or would you like another smart-ass answer pointing you in the direction of another country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

Is your valve a high pressure (narrow) or a car type (wider) valve. You can purchase a pump to fit either one or both for 20-30 yoyo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Yes, I do have a pump. But in other countries where I lived before you can go to almost any gasoline shop to pump your bicycle with the extact pressure that you want.

With bicycle pumps is difficult for me to get the 100ps required by mi bike.

Rgds,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

gzoladz wrote:
    I have a Topeak Master Blaster Mini Pump (with pressure guage). It is e22 online. My tyres recommend 100psi and it easily achieves that (link above claims 120psi possible). It's small. I got mine when on holidays in America and came with a holder that attaches to the bike.

To use the petrol station pumps you will need an adapter to convert your (presumably) Pesta valve to Schrader (car) valve. Less than e2 in bike shops. It just screws onto the Pesta valve (don't forget to unscrew Pesta valve screw and give it a quick press to unstick - I was caught out by the unstick bit a while back).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

gzoladz wrote:
    Yes, I do have a pump. But in other countries where I lived before you can go to almost any gasoline shop to pump your bicycle with the extact pressure that you want.

Rgds,

I presume from this that you have the narrow presta valves.

You should try to find a presta to schrader valve adapter and keep it with you.

L.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

[Note of caution] Pumping your tyres from a petrol station pump is not the best way to pump your bike tyre. Of course I cant find any references at the moment but the guages on the compression pumps are not very reliable and they can cause blowouts too (Im not sure if the blowouts are caused by over inflation due to the inaccuracy of the guage or otherwise)
    R

Advertisement