Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultraviolet

Options
  • 14-10-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Curious to know what everyone else has to say about this show.
    Preety damm cool uptake on the populer vampire myth I thought but would be interested to know what everyone else thinks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Is it back on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Thanks for reminding me.
    I bought this on DVD a few years back, and never got round to watching the full series. SO wasn't in the mood for that genre or something.
    Must go watch it all from start to finish.
    jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It was a dman good show shame it never got past the first season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

Thaedydal wrote:
    It was a dman good show shame it never got past the first season.
    Joe Ahearne, the creator, sold the rights to a US studio, which made a pilot but which wasn't picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

Thats a shame, but the Americans would have
    probably hashed it up so its just as well, I heard the writer
    only signed on for the first 2 shows but got roped into doning the rest of the season by the studio which explains why it was cut, no writer no show, pity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

Ahearne sold the idea to C4 as a thriller depicting an elite unit battling a terrorist threat. He 'forgot' to mention that the terrorists were vampires. This is probably why the word vampire is never used. The characters refer to Leeches and Code 5 but never use the 'V' word.

SciFi Channel have just finished rerunning it and desite the fact it's almost ten years old, it hasn't aged a bit.

Thats there mistake then because the show is brillant and the performances by the actors are superp, it is a pity the studio did'nt carry it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Loved this show, one of the first shows I really had an interest in. It had some good takes on the myth alright.

Loved the music too, any ideas where I could get it?

None unfortuately, it was pretty good music allright, hopefully the series will be released on DVD at some point, I did see Idris Elba turn up on an episode of CSI Miami recently, any idea what Susanna Harker is doing now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

It was released on DVD a few years ago. I have a copy myself. There might be a few copies floating around somewhere, I'd try the likes of HMV and Chapters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I've got it on DVD aswell. Excellent little series, but supposedly Joe Ahearne didn't actually want to continue it, he told the story he wanted to tell, and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

I got the dvd fairly recently, and very cheaply too. Can't remember the price but 20 or under iirc.

I only had vague memories of it, but when I watched it I really loved it. Great show.

Advertisement