Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cumann Gaelach

• 15-10-2005 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Dia dhaoibh everyone,

A proposition for ye.

Would anyone interested in joining the Cumann Gaelach this year please drop me an e-mail drop me a line via email or PM me? Especially the Irish students among ye, cos if we get in the good numbers we should have the good craic...

You don't have to be any good at Irish to join - an interest in the odd piss-up and cúpla focal will be more than enough - but for those of you who are into the Gaeilge, there'll be an opportunity for you to get some cleachtadh in.

When we get a few people together we'll decide what sorta stuff we should try and get in over the next year, but among them will be at least one trip (paid for or at least decently subsidised by DIT) to the Gaeltacht, most likely An Fód Dubh (near Belmullet) or the Aran Islands - and like I said, you don't have to be any good at the language to go on these trips, just an interest is enough. Fortnightly ventures to Sult are another thing on the cards, and we might even see if we can swing a trip to Scotland mar gheall ar Ghaeilge na hAlban.

But we can't do any this without ye're support or membership, so drop me a line now and stick your name down!

Go raibh míle maith agaibh,

Aodhán Ó Cochláin (2nd yr Media Arts, DIT Aungier St; aidan.coughlan@student.dit.ie)

P.S. Spread the word!

Advertisement