Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 with 7.1 card

Options
  • 15-10-2005 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Hi - just a quick question:
    I have an oldish (~3 years) Sony amp - I use it with my DVD player (via 5.1 digital output) and it works fine.

Now, the question: I'm looking at building a HTPC, and most of the motherboards now come with 7.1 sound built in. Can I hook this up to my 5.1 amp, will it still sound ok? Of course I know it won't have the same sound as a 7.1, but if it works as 5.1 that's good enough for me.

I just don't want to have to replace my 5.1 sound system.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cinemaworks

wont make any difference at all. you can tell the soundcard what system you have. M-Audio do some craking soundcards and would recommend them highly..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Thanks for that reply...I should have known I'd be able to change it on the software side /smacks forehead :)

Cheers :cool:

Advertisement