Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic DNS Service

• 15-10-2005 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Im looking for recomendations for a Dynamic DNS Service like DNS2GO, Anyone else have suggestions for s\w theve used, powerful (must have support for MX and VPN connection), friendly and easy as I wont b on site all the time. Price limits bout €100. Any suggestions or reports would b good. As Ive lost my static IP address with eircom as I changed to BT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Have you looked at dyndns.com?
    I've been using their free service for a while now and it's quite reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

if you want a .com forwarded its $29.99 at dyndns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Thanks guys looking into this all now

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

Ive been using zoneedit.com now for about a year, never a problem, using software called "direct update" to keep the ip address updated, it works very well, and the best part is - Its Free!

(actually the directupdate software was a once-off charge, but if you check out:

sourceforge's free dyn dns software

That should do the trick for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i use dyndns.com and they are excellent, i have a stream and a forum server running off them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Sparky_S wrote:
    i use dyndns.com and they are excellent, i have a stream and a forum server running off them

Eep, that must be horrible on your bandwidth usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

rsynnott wrote:
    Eep, that must be horrible on your bandwidth usage.

bandwidth doesnt get used untill someone listens, anyways it does be down somedays.

The forum is a test, so not many users log on that much, anyways soon the digiweb 1mb up will be put to good use :D

Advertisement