Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs. Sunderland

• 15-10-2005 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

So the first United match of the year is not on TV

Where can I watch this on the internet :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

will it be good quality on the internet??? I'd love the link too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'll be watching it on TV...there's a TV genius living in waterford that always finds a way to get matches in. I know he's helped one particular pub this week cause they've advertised it as being exclusively shown in their place...Maybe there's a similar genius near you... (by the way..I happen to know that this guy is a boards member too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

John O'Shea!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Jesus Christ...give me this man!!!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

For people living in the Waterford City area. I have put this match into the Stand Bar in Micheal Street. The game is been shown on a French Channel. AFAIK it is the only bar showing it in the city center.

• Advertisement

United team to play Sunderland.

VDS, Bardsley, Rio, Silvestre, OShea, Ronaldo, Scholes, Smith, Park, Rooney, RVN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1-0 Bolton vs Chelsea, Stelios after great play by Diouf.

1-0 to Utd Rooney

Very lack luster preformance in the first half my Man U. The goal really came against the run of play. United are really finding it hard to to put any passes together. Ronaldo has had a couple of shots fly wide. Park is playing ok Ruud has only had one shot on goal. O shea is looking very nervous but thankfully he is not giving away too many. Rio is looking a bit better that he has been in our previous 2 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United have looked crap in the back 6 players, of the back 4 and the two midfielders.
    The attacking 4 have been great apart from Ronaldo.
    Ruud and Park are linking up really well, and Ruud is getting some mega impressive flick ons, which Park is running onto, and then passing for an assist, which isn't something Rooney or Ronaldo do.
    Ronaldo should be subbed for Giggs who is in fantastic form, Scholes should be subbed for Fletcher, who has also been in fine form for country.

• Advertisement

Hopefully United keep a clean sheet. Have Van Der Saar as my captain with Ferdinand in defence in the FFL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Leonard wrote:
    VDS, Bardsley, Rio, Silvestre, OShea, Ronaldo, Scholes, Smith, Park, Rooney, RVN
    I couldn't see the game, was this a 4-4-2? I'm very surprised Giggs didn't start given his current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

I couldn't see the game, was this a 4-4-2? I'm very surprised Giggs didn't start given his current form.

Giggs came back from international duty with a bad back according to reports. The Rossi era has begun! :)

Hopefully the Elliott era has begun too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

We could do with Elliott playing more games for ireland.

Any option instead* of Squinton Morrison is a good one.

* Once the option isn't Doherty. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

just saw the highlights.

sunderland were unlucky to go behind. van der sar was amazing again. elliot looked in great form. he skinned silvestre twice in the first 20mins and scored an absolute screamer. glad to see rossi getting a goal, hopefully he'll get a few more games this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Very happy to see United go for the win in the second half
    I feel over the second half we deserved to win it.
    Rooney had three passes in front of the goal that an inch the other side would have gone in, and he is still young :)
    Getting better and better.

p.s.
    We still havn't had a midfield goal this year.
    Rooney and Van Nist, and now Rossi.

VDS - Signing of the year without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

PHB wrote:
    So the first United match of the year is not on TV

Where can I watch this on the internet :)
    I saw it on some Spanish satelite channel in the pub... great goal by Elliot - maybe we'll be seeing Stephen Elliot and Kevin Doyle partnership up front for Ireland in future? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,658 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how does O shea get into the team mg hes crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

O shea should be played in midfield more often. Great so see Rossi scoring a goal. Hopefully he'll get a few more games under his belt this season and next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

how does O shea get into the team mg hes crap

When Gary Neville and Gabrielle Heinze are both injured, there really isn't much competition (also illustrated by the fact that Bardsley started, though he seems like a good player).

Advertisement