Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Outlook/Distrobution List/ To and CC?

• 15-10-2005 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi,

I know how to do distribution lists etc in Outlook but is there a way of doing a Distirbution list that is:

To: Person A
    CC:Person B & C.

I just can't seem to see an "easy and simple" way to do it? Or anyway as it happens! Does using a comma do it? I am an end user by the way. Not an admin. I have this feeling that I could ask the IT Admin to do it on the server? But I'd like to be able to di it on my local PC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You should use a semicolon, but a comma will work in Outlook 2000+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Gir wrote:
    Hi,

I know how to do distribution lists etc in Outlook but is there a way of doing a Distirbution list that is:

To: Person A
    CC:Person B & C.

I just can't seem to see an "easy and simple" way to do it? Or anyway as it happens! Does using a comma do it? I am an end user by the way. Not an admin. I have this feeling that I could ask the IT Admin to do it on the server? But I'd like to be able to di it on my local PC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

When you do distribution lists its always wise to do BCC if you want the list to remain secure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gir

Yeah I know that but all I am after is a way to click on the list, say "Microsoft" and that it sends the mail too one person and CC's the other two.

I'm thinking it might not work actually as the list get puts into the "To" box.. Unless...

ah I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭theexis

Unfortunately DL's don't work that way - you decide as the originator whether the main is To or CC. Also, you as the receiver make your own decision as to how you handle the mail. Could the 2 people who are being CC'd simply set up a rule to move the mail to an appropriate location?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ken Shabby wrote:
    You should use a semicolon, but a comma will work in Outlook 2000+.
    In outlook 2003 it's
    tools - options - preferences - email options - advanced email options - allow comma
    ( it varies a lot on earlier versions )

in answer to the original question Lists are not Rules.

tools - options - forms - design - message
    fill in the fields with semicolons between the names (because comma usage is per profile per user per machine specific) and save as an outlook template.

double click on the saved file to start a message.

• Advertisement
Advertisement