Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan-Toon (scores)

• 15-10-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Live on PremPlus.

35 minutes in, both sides have hit the post but it has been very sloppy otherwise. Scott Parker once again shows that Sven Goran Eriksson is a clown for not picking him. He is an absolute sensation. Like Roy Keane but better.

0-0

(Check out Shay Givens *almost* howler)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1-0 Roberts!

Shearer with a clear goal (over the line by a foot or so) not given. The call for video replays gets louder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Come on Mickey Owen, how's he doing? I have him on my Fantasy team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Dam, have the auld boy in me team. When oh when am i gonna geta break.

(Check out Shay Givens *almost* howler)

Shay doesn't do howlers. He leaves that to Lehmann, Reina and Van Der Saar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Lemlin wrote:
    Shay doesn't do howlers. He leaves that to Lehmann, Reina and Van Der Saar!

What VDS howler are you referring to ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

VanDer Saar had plenty of howlers while he was playing for Fulham, whats the deal here, he ain't perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thats all great about VDS et all but wigan are bloody 2nd after 8 games!!

Well done Wigan

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gwan tthe wigan. Only 8 points behind Chelsea and in 2nd place. If they keep averaging 2 points a game theyll finish on 76pts. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Shearer with a clear goal (over the line by a foot or so) not given. The call for video replays gets louder.

I think you will find that this goal was not allowed due to a foul by Shearer before he got the header in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Holy Second-in-the-table, Batman!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Hate that...when they say four minutes injury time...but only play 3

Shay doesn't do howlers.
    VanDer Saar had plenty of howlers while he was playing for Fulham, whats the deal here, he ain't perfect.

Well neither is Shay Given! Todays one was quite funny, not really a close call but a bad error of judgement.

PS - Remember Dion Dublins goal? Still a class keeper but not immune of dodgy moments.

Finished 1-0, McCullogh sent off with 5 minutes to go for " serious foul play" on Emre. Didn't see it yet so just waiting for the highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Remember Dion Dublins goal? Still a class keeper but not immune of dodgy moments.

In fairness, if the best "dodgy moment" you can come up with is a time when he didn't see a player standing behind him, then I think that's pretty good.

Leonard wrote:
    I think you will find that this goal was not allowed due to a foul by Shearer before he got the header in.

I thought it should have been a foul alright but the referee actually didn't give a foul. Therefore, it was a goal.

Deserved red-card for McCullogh by the way.

With the defences Shay has had in front of him over the years, its a miracle he hasn't had several howlers a season. The likes of Titus Bramble hardly inspire great confidence.

Serbian wrote:
    In fairness, if the best "dodgy moment" you can come up with is a time when he didn't see a player standing behind him, then I think that's pretty good.

I remember a Zenden daisy cutter trickling past him too. Still one of the best keepers in the world but not perfect by any means.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I thought it should have been a foul alright but the referee actually didn't give a foul. Therefore, it was a goal.

Deserved red-card for McCullogh by the way.

Ah I assumed thats why it was not given. I was sure he indicated for a free out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Givens major flaw is his kickouts. If a ball is rolling up to him he rarely strikers it right. Certainly one of the most agile of keepers in the world.

It certainly should have been a free-kick looking at it again, but because the free wasn't given the goal should have been. Maybe a case of the referee making up for one bad decision with another. Sky were showing replays so I can't actually remember if a throw-in or free-kick was taken. Either way, with the help of replays and hindsight, justice was done.

Camara stormed down the tunnel after being taken off, what a ridiculously stupid thing to do. Jewell chased him and said he told Camara he was "disappointed" with him. I certainly hope he said plenty more than that.

• Advertisement

Pressure could be back on Souness now after his temporary reprieve.

Advertisement