Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaler

Options
  • 15-10-2005 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I'm hestitate about buying something that could possible be done on a hcpc but a dedicated scaler can improve video performance from what I've read on the internet. Thing is I've never seen a scaler in action. Is there somewhere in Ireland to view/demo a scaler.

Or could people who own scalers give a few comments as to how much of an improvement they saw with their own display. I'm interested in the 6th gen models of pioneer and 8th gen models of panasonic (pv500). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Early panels had few inputs (some only VGA) and some had poor internal scalers. All panels modern panels have scalers built into them, the question is can an external one do a better job than a modern panel's internal, and at what cost.

Unless the scaler accepts an input that the panel does not, or you have to pay extra for modular inputs on your panel, then it's unlikely that the scaler is going to be worth it. The scaler might produce a slightly better picture than the internal in a modern panel, but unless you have money to burn it's unlikely to be money well spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cinemaworks

Agree with ph.. unless you have a budget of €1200 - €3000 euro for your scaler it really isnt worth it.

Advertisement