Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion - Age Display

Options
  • 15-10-2005 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Suggestion:- Put a visible age field near postcount on the users details at the left of the post. Maybe just "Over 18" or "Under 18" would do. There was a thread started this morning by a poster looking for a Playboy Bunny costume and it lead to some very embarrasing posts as nobody realised how young the poster was. The age of the poster could also be a reasonable guide to maturity etc when dealing with other topics.

Yes, I realise posters can lie about their age and age is no guarantee of maturity.

It's just a thought.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As you pointed out, it's not a good indication of maturity.. And would likely increase the number of threads being flamed or simply ignored :rolleyes:
    If you have any doubts about that sort of scenario: view the public profile - it's an opt-in method of giving one's age... the best all-round solution IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd prefer a moronity index.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

amp wrote:
    Yes, and it can be measured in little green or red blocks. Green for sanity, and red for insanity. We could even have it so that every user is able to vote on it.

I can't see how it could possibly fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yes, and it can be measured in little green or red blocks. Green for sanity, and red for insanity. We could even have it so that every user is able to vote on it.

I can't see how it could possibly fail!
    I like it aidan. :)*

*In case you didn't marge I was being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

karmacard.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I've got me coat, where's me hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Or we could put little white stars under names depending on how moronic they are ....oh my bad we already have that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

a/s/l?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

If the reputation system wasnt so badly abused the last time we may still have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

WDK wrote:
    If the reputation system wasnt so badly abused the last time we may still have it.

And you'd be so far on the recieving end of neg rep, arcadegame2004 would get jealous.

But hey WDK they'd never stop you'd just be chuffed you got mentioned. How does the tuppennceworth forum go?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

mycroft wrote:
    How does the tuppennceworth forum go?
    emot-iceburn.gif

Advertisement