Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Fixtures

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Think one of the reasons Arsenal struggled today is that Gilberto wasn't playing. Its only in the last two years or so that I have really noticed how good a protector of the back 4 the chap is. Sadly i think Flamini is not up to it this season, but hopefully he and the rest of the squad can come back stronger next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Chelsea       9   9   0   0  23   3  27
     Tottenham H   9   5   3   1  11   5  18
     Man United    8   5   2   1  13   6  17
     Wigan Ath     8   5   1   2   8   5  16
     Charlton Ath  7   5   0   2  12   7  15
     Man City      8   4   2   2   9   6  14
     Bolton Wands  9   4   2   3  10  11  14
     Arsenal       8   4   1   3  11   6  13
     West Ham Utd  7   3   3   1  11   5  12
     M'brough      8   3   2   3   9  11  11
     Blackburn R   9   3   2   4   7  10  11
     Liverpool     7   2   4   1   5   6  10
     Newcastle U   9   2   3   4   5   8   9
     West Brom A   9   2   2   5   9  16   8
     Portsmouth    8   1   3   4   5   9   6
     Birmingham C  8   1   3   4   7  12   6
     Aston Villa   8   1   3   4   8  14   6
     Fulham        8   1   2   5   7  13   5
     Sunderland    9   1   2   6   7  14   5
     Everton       8   1   0   7   1  11   3

Not looking good for Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't know if someone mentioned it but I had to chuckle during the Chelsea/Bolton game when Drogba got his first goal, the commentator said "Well to be honest, Benayoun could have done better to stop Drogba...." Could've sworn he plays for West Ham :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The RTE comedy commentators strike again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Couldn't be bothered rooting up the old thread but Georgie had a howler on Wednesday night:

"Ireland have won a corner, and in a very good position".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Couldn't be bothered rooting up the old thread but Georgie had a howler on Wednesday night:

"Ireland have won a corner, and in a very good position".
    I preferred last Saturday's gem:
    Cyprus have never qualified for a World Cup, and they never will!

Quite prophetic there from George.

Arsenal are in real trouble now. 4 away games, 3 defeats and 1 draw. Frankly, thats terrible. Even with all the injured players, you'd expect the second string to be good enough to take on Middlesborogh, West Brom, and West Ham. While its good to see these teams doing well, you have to ask yourself what's gone wrong at Arsenal? Wenger has always managed to get the best out of mediocre players - God knows, he won the league with Emmanuel Petit, Christopher Wreh, Kanu and the like. In my opinion, the current crop are far better than them, and yet they don't seem to be able to get it together. The back four seemed to be playing very well at the end of last season, but this year, they seem to be all over the shop. Whats worse, the goals really seem to have dried up at the moment. We've relied on 2 goals each from Pascal Cygan and Sol Campbell, and a goal from Phillipe Senderos today. Whats happened to regular scorers like Freddy Ljungberg, Robert Pires, Jose Reyes and the like? At the moment, its just not happenning. Very depressing stuff. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

But the competition is now alot harder than what Kanu and Wreh faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Tusky you are banned from the soccer forum for a week for abuse.

Will check sponsors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rob Styles is a grade A wan*er, and I'll take whatever ban I get for that with my head held high.

That Essien challenge was a disgrace, but Mr Chelsea Fan himself has a nice little chat with Essien and gives him a yellow. You were bought Styles and there's no f*cking dispute. S*it referee.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Tusky wrote:
    whos to say Crespo wouldnt be knocking them in at the same rate as Droghba if he were starting :)

Mourinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I think Crespo was left out because he had to take three flights home from Uruguay during the week, and only arrived back on Friday.

That said you can't argue with Drogba's form. For all his haters his record speaks for itself, and despite a few chances he may miss, he regularly creates things out of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

therecklessone banned for a week. Will check sponsors.

Advertisement