Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer test released!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Apparently its based on the quake3 engine, screenshots I've looked at look less than impressive anyway, not nearly dark and atmospheric enough.. its a bit of a shame, although I'll reserve anymore judgement until I give it a go myself.

Otherwise roll on doom3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Damn this game rocks. Graphically it's nothing short of beautiful - atmospheric as hell - and the gameplay of this, admittedly limited, multiplayer test confirms that this is really one to watch in terms of online play. Think a cross between UT Assault and TFC, with definite elements of CS and the same kind of atmosphere as DoD *should* have...

Sheer brilliance. Can't wait for the full thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Lovely graphics alright (the models are great), and it looks like it'll be a hell of a single player game too. The flamethrower's great fun.
    Anyone know of any local servers? It gets quite laggy for me with pings over 150ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

It won't be there for long, so slurp while you can. Later, I will have a server up on kali, so stay tuned.

ftp.quake.ie/temp.demo/wolfmptest0915.exe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Styx

ftp://ftp.dnagames.net/wolfenstein/wolfmptest0915.exe

Server on-line at lancaster.dnagames.net

11.22am - server online
    11.24am - server full

Chuck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Good FU<K that flamethrower owns my ass...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Well said that Shinji.

Anyway, servers at:

spooge.clanrst.co.uk:27960
    spooge.clanrst.co.uk:27961

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Anyway, servers at:
    spooge.clanrst.co.uk:27960
    spooge.clanrst.co.uk:27961

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Is this a quake mod or a game of its own?
    And is it worth my little 56k to dl its ass off over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Mr Pussy

Im just downloadin it now on my 56k modem :confused:
    Its 75% and has another hour 2 go.

Im downloading it from

http://www.dailyfiles.dk/demos/WolfMPTEST0915.exe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Brilliant stuff, needs a stable ping below 80 or so for best results tho, I was on a german server earlier pinging 200 and it was unplayable. Any chance of an irish server for this or is there one already up? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Thanks for sharing that Mindphuck. The other servers are dubh la daoine. Go raibh maith agat

1 hour 7 mins togo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah free ISDN in work and all the cdrs I need. (for d/l drivers and burning them of course) I wuv my job! (Now I just got to convince them that ADSL would be a key strategic paradigm shift or summit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

if you can legally marry games, this game would be my bride! i look forward to flaming your áss on fire with my brand new flamethrower.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

There is a RCW Server up on

Slosh.ign.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Oooohhhh.....

Downloaded last night. Can't wait to get home from work!!! :D

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Bah, doesn't work for me.
    I get to the menu, try to start a Multiplayer game and it starts to load then kicks me back out to the menu.
    Running Windows NT (Q3 runs fine).
    Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

looks like it will be a great game. pity the only level included reminds me so much of DOD (shudder!! :) )

• Advertisement

My only gripe is that I think it should be easier to kill people - it would make it alot scarier if the turrets could actually mow people down, instead of having to concentrate fire on ppl for 3 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Snaggle

I like what they've done, it's pretty, you can't cut yourself on the corners of hills like you do in DOD, smoke grenades are wonderfully animated unlike Counter Strike, the sea looks good, the turrets feel good, the flame thrower is cool etc etc etc.

I'd like to gripe about the Q3 quality net code (as in unless it's changed by release time nobody will have fun playing this on modem, even on ISDN it lags and chugs), for a realistic game it takes way too long to kill people, and the models, although nicely animated, is kinda fakey feeling, comparable to the cartoony look of Half Life single player or TFC as opposed to CS.

I didn't think that RCW would have any potential as a multiplayer, but if they make it narrow band friendly then I could see myself playing it

GAAAAHHH! I d/led it in work and forgot to bring it home. WÁNK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Its bloody class. The flamethrower is just the most fun gun to use in a game ever. I'm on a modem here and it isnt too bad. Bit choppy at times, but the LPBs had a fairly big advantage over me in a firefight. Hopefully they'll change the netcode to be more modem friendly before release. Theres still a singleplayer game aswell though, even if they dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Not all that happy an experience for me... all jumpy and twitchy. I guess my machine's to blame, although it's not all that bad a system. Pity really but I guess I'll stick to DOD for a while.

K

Hmmm had a quick go there against Swifty and it's not bad at all. Feels good, sniper rifle is good, flamethrowers insane. Can't wait for s/p version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Mr Pussy

:D Finally found a server that I can play on without 2-much lag.
    GREAT GAME!
    Cant wait 2 c the full SP and MP version
    Any 1 know a release date 4 it? :rolleyes:

13 November according to Electronics Boutique

Advertisement