Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband - Whats it like?

• 15-10-2005 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭

Currently using eircom broadband but my thinking of switching to NTL as area has just been upgraded. Just wondering what it would be like compared to eircom? Anyone using it that could give their experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

its lovely .............. like sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

without a doubt probably the best bb package out there! ive had it now for 18 months and not a single problem :D

i'd say switch and ntl are even capable of so much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Divine. Free tv for a year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Top dog.

I have the 3mb package for 45.00 and it's always at top speed. Sound, solid, dependable and fast. I had Eircom DSL and will never go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I have to agree. My area was just upgraded too and I got it about 2 months ago. No problems at all.
    I got first 3 months free (3mb) and can change down after that as I need.

I was with Netsource for a long time and they were good, but this is cheaper for more bandwidth.

But the big advantage for me was getting rid of Eircon and getting cheap calls.
    I am porting my number to blueface and using them for all my calls
    (info in the voip forum on this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=542 or ask me here).
    When my number is ported I'll cancel my phone line and save the line rental each month. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got NTL broadband this very afternoon and have to say ,yay!!!!good stuff!!!!...all these free channels too...off to the god channel with me...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

wait... they chuck in free tv too...
    might be time to ditch eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What's the story with free tv? I have NTL BB and free tv was never mentioned. I got BB at the start of Sept so I don't think I'm scheduled a bill yet.
    I thought the free tv deal was over. Yes? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Got NTL broadband this very afternoon and have to say ,yay!!!!good stuff!!!!...all these free channels too...off to the god channel with me...:)
    the fashion channel owns :p
    What's the story with free tv? I have NTL BB and free tv was never mentioned. I got BB at the start of Sept so I don't think I'm scheduled a bill yet.
    got mine at the start of september too.
    you get digital for €10 for 12 months. ordering it online is sketchy though. was unsure of the deal i'd be getting until i actually spoke with a sales rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

I was talking to NTL this afternoon about getting broadband but they never mentioned getting free tv? I have the basic package anyway so do they give you digital for free??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i should be able to gbet ntl bb in a few weeks (a road 30 feet from mine has it :( ). i already have ntl digital so would i be able to get the ten euro for a year thing do you think. i phoned them to ask but theyre closed on a sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

NTL pwns eircon! :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well I'm getting the bband free for 3months and the tv free for either 6 or 12 months, can't remember.Anyway when we move house for the start of college next year we shall do the deal again ^^Although this free tv is a step down from what we had because we were getting free tv forever somehow....now we have more channels and broadband...so maybe it's worth it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I was with Digiweb for about a year and had subscribed to their 512k wireless package. I am now with NTL on their 2Mb €35/month deal. The quality difference is quite vast. There was a huge improvement in ping times, packet loss, download speeds and reliability. If Digiweb were to offer me their wireless package back for free I would have no problem in declining.
    I do not think that NTL are the be all and end all, however due to the generally deplorable state of Irelands ISP's they do seem to stand out from the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

s_gr wrote:
    Currently using eircom broadband but my thinking of switching to NTL as area has just been upgraded. Just wondering what it would be like compared to eircom? Anyone using it that could give their experiences.

Here's the three Meg (see attached):D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Freddie59 wrote:
    Here's the three Meg (see attached):D :D:D

Looks very good, are the speeds pretty constant?. Also how is the cable modem installed. I have a tv point which i use, do they fit a spltter and connect up the cable modem or do they require a new direct cable to the tap box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm always getting crazy upload speeds with that test and I'm with NTL 3meg.

What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Happens to me too using opera browser.Works correctly with firefox
    though.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

s_gr wrote:
    I was talking to NTL this afternoon about getting broadband but they never mentioned getting free tv? I have the basic package anyway so do they give you digital for free??

Can someone please confirm that you can still get the free TV offer as there is no mention of it on their website.

s_gr wrote:
    Looks very good, are the speeds pretty constant?. Also how is the cable modem installed. I have a tv point which i use, do they fit a spltter and connect up the cable modem or do they require a new direct cable to the tap box.

I have a straight cable from the outside box (separate to my TV).:D

• Advertisement

JPA wrote:
    I'm always getting crazy upload speeds with that test and I'm with NTL 3meg.

What's that about?

That CANNOT be right:eek: :eek: :eek:

Advertisement