Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing of pill - strange occurences?

• 15-10-2005 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Greetings all,

Very regular poster on Boards but decided to use some anonymous priveleges in PI. Am posting this on behalf of girlfriend as she'd be a bit too shy to do it herself (even posting anonymously).

Girlfriend has been taking the pill for close to a year now. But due to her pill being taken off the market recently, she had to change over to another pill (by the same manufacturer, i think) last month.

But coming up to her period this month, she had "leakage" (sorry, but you know what i mean) for close to a week in dribs and drabs at times and more heavy other times. It did seriously worry her!

I think they told her when getting it that it's normal to suffer from some of these strange occurences when changing over.

So.. is this normal and if so, how much longer will it be like this?

Thanks for advice in advance all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine with any medication you will have changes. Changing from one to another will probably double the effect.

But to be honest - go to doctor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's normal. It'll stop soon, when her body adjusts to the new pill. BTW the official term is "spotting".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fififi

hey
    Most pills have this effect depending on the person. It's not unusual and is nothing to worry about, at worst it's irritating. Nearly any chemical contraceptive will cause occasional "spotting".
    She could try a different brand or the mini pill, could solve it.
    HTH
    Fi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Her body just needs time to adjust and settle into a new cycle. It's perfectly natural, but if she is worried it's best she puts her mind to rest and sees a GP. Worrying is probably making her feel a lot worse than she needs to!

Advertisement