Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just joining in now

Options
  • 15-10-2005 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I finally bit the bullet and allowed myself to buy WoW. Wondering if the more experienced players have any advice/tips they'd like to pass onto a newbie :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Enjoy leveling up as it's the most compelling part of the game. Don't be too keen to read guides and strats and database sites. Discovering stuff for yourself is way more fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

i am only playing it bout 10 days aswell mate

if u need a habnd or any thing add me to ur friends list

Heathen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Assuming you're on the same server :E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

DapperGent wrote:
    Enjoy leveling up as it's the most compelling part of the game. Don't be too keen to read guides and strats and database sites. Discovering stuff for yourself is way more fun. :)

Agree, and take your time levelling up, cause after being 60 for a while its just boring and there is nothing to do. Run around, enjoy yourself while levelling up, and try to discover as much as you can by yourself.
    And.. most importantly, do not get fooled by the people who thinks that getting to level 60 and having the best gear is the way to go, its about having fun, and the most fun is pre-60.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Sorry Folks,

How much does the subscription for WOW cost and what kind of system is needed to play it. I'm thinking of joining up and have a 3.2 ghz p4, with 512 ram and a raedon 9200 GC. Im waiting on Esat to install a 2Mb/s connection with 128k upload. is this enough to run the game. Also, do you skype while playing or is there a built in voice messaging service in the game?
    Finally is it possible to play wow offline?

Sorry if some of these questions are a little dumb, but as i say im new to this type of gaming!

• Advertisement

Are there any irish servers or do people play on a uk or eu server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Thren

Salmon wrote:
    Sorry Folks,

How much does the subscription for WOW cost and what kind of system is needed to play it. I'm thinking of joining up and have a 3.2 ghz p4, with 512 ram and a raedon 9200 GC. Im waiting on Esat to install a 2Mb/s connection with 128k upload. is this enough to run the game. Also, do you skype while playing or is there a built in voice messaging service in the game?
    Finally is it possible to play wow offline?

Sorry if some of these questions are a little dumb, but as i say im new to this type of gaming!

Sounds like you are good to go spec wise! Not sure about skype, I stick with the chat window tbh. And nope, you can't play it offline :) You sign up to one of the European english lang servers, best bet is if you have friends who play, find out what server they're on and join them there.

I'm Thren on Dragonmaw if you need a hand :)

Thanx Thren, If I Sign up I'll give you a shout! How Much is the Subscription? and whats the best way to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Credit Card is probably the most convient was to pay (you'll be asked for the details when you install the game). If you don't have a cc you can buy time cards from most game shops, think they come in cards of 2 months.

My guild and I use Teamspeak as our VOIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Evac101 wrote:
    I finally bit the bullet and allowed myself to buy WoW. Wondering if the more experienced players have any advice/tips they'd like to pass onto a newbie :)

Sure, lot's of advice. If you're a rogue or a warrior, grind against spellcasters. Also after a rest period (you'll see your xp bar blue), make sure you make the most of it and grind, grind grind while it's blue. You get double the XP and this is where you level up after about lvl 25 and not with quests.

Just get used to the whole game. You'll have your typical, kill X amount of Y.. generally do these quests with a group, you'll fly through them in no time. Always grind on your own, more xp.

Depending on what class you've selected, some people here might be able to give you class specific advise. Don't worry about equipment too much at early levels. Whatever professions you pick, choose them wisely. It doesn't make sense for a Priest to choose first aid or cooking as they can already heal. If you're unsure what's best for your class, just ask here.

Put some time into the game and you'll reap the benefits. Plan on getting a level a night up until about lvl 35. After that, it might take you 2 or 3 nights to level up, depending on how much time you put in.

Have fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Thren

Salmon wrote:
    Thanx Thren, If I Sign up I'll give you a shout! How Much is the Subscription? and whats the best way to pay?

:) it's the initial cost of the game plus 12.99e a month therafter off your credit card - or you can get those 60day prepaid cards (as said above) in Game and the like for about 26euro - tis better to use your CC imo, cheaper and you can suspend it at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Go Horde on Haumarush! :D

Rockin' the 18 Shaman

EDIT: 18! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Be alliance on Terenas! Be a female gnome warrior with engineering and mining like me!

If you want a character with impressive dancing, be a male night elf or an undead if you wanna be horde

Advertisement