Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kranks Korner.

• 15-10-2005 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering is this place still open and does anyone go there cause when I was a kid I always wanted to go there but parents thought it was a dive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yes its still open, never been there and i dont think i ever will!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I always thought the food looked good as in when my friends would get some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Last time i was in there i found that the food had gone to the dogs. They used to do a nice chili chip but alas the quality of their chips has gone downhill since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

what/ where is it?

Its a fast food place. Dont know what the street is called. Next to william street....

opposite the small xtravision in town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

On Thomas Street, next to Brown Thomas. Ya its still open

On a side note the quality of fast food/food in the city is terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Used go there a lot, but the quality of food has bombed in recent years

Great to get an interesting view on the place I for on hated it when they closed down burgerland.

Pacifico wrote:
    On a side note the quality of fast food/food in the city is terrible!
    Haha, Limerick is famous for food! The Limerick Good Food Circle, and other stuff like that has put us on the map for food.
    Even that Shaws Ham ad says, "William Shaw opened his shop in the cntre of Limerick to sell..." Or something along those lines!
    Its funny, but some places i'd agree with ya, but Chicken Hut ... thats like the god!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

yeah but i would find it hard to believe that fast food take aways do the whole Limerick Food Circle thing.

Pacifico said the fast food isnt great, the other food/restaurants etc. are top notch around the city

Very true but nothing beats donkeys that place rules. I was telling my mate last week they did battered mars bars , so naturally he went in asked do they sell mars bars and the woman serving said no. He said then that I told him they do battered mars bars, she in turn said they do but u have to have ure own mars bar, and then he whipped six mars bars out lol . So she battered and he asked how much so she laughed, its free dont worry about it. How sound is that ,good old donkeys eh.

Ya Donkeys are great allrite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Where is fast food ever good? Fast food can only be eaten drunk, and even then you need to be pretty drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Have to agree, the place has become a bit of a dive in the past few years. Any time I pass by it at night,there's some agro outside :eek:

Chicken Hut
    BurgerKing
    Luigis
    Donkeys

I'd say we arnt doing too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Oh man I wouldn't go anywhere near the chicken hut, I know some people that work there and they are not the cleanest people in the world to say the least

Theres a place on high street, casa novas I think, does the best kebabs I have ever had

We have some great chippers though, Luigis and Lobster Pot do cracking chips, but the Lobster Pot is quite expensive i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

oooooooh luigis is just soooo good, pity its not in the city centre instead of arsing my way all the way up there

casa novas are lovely, as are lobster pots chips

• Advertisement

Ok if you were working in the city centre where would you go for lunch lets say?

Granted there are lots of good Chipers in the city apart from that options are limited imo

There are hundreds of cafe/bistro/crepery/bagel style places, plus countless places that do carvery, plus every pub will serve ya a sandwich and every shop will feed u these days too.
    You just need to look around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

I am astounded to think that yeea re talking about Fast food in the city and yee forgot about Papa Ginos Pizza on Denmark Street nothing better before a feed of arthurs.

Also for lunch in this town The Wild Onion on High street :p

Thats the AMerican p,lace isnt it? thats pretty nice in there

Indeed it is great american food and the staff are great Craic

Its called "The Wild Onion" I think its run by Ruth and sometimes its called Ruths.

Its run by Ruth and Bob a couple from Chicago

Dont get on Ruths bad side, she can be very cranky. Sound out tho usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

kranks used to be THE place to go for fast food in the late 80s / early 90/s when it really was a very small shop on the corner!! around the time that supermacs opened in town, they expanded and in my opinion it lost the homely taste that it used to have, ie you could see the food being cooked and it was put together properly , not just pre made stuff like the bigger fast food outlets. a few years ago, the local people who owned it sold up and it is now owned by wimpeys... and it doesnt taste as good as it used to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

ya it doesnt taste as good as it used to, but its still alright better than macky d's and them places. chicken hut is nice but it after eating a ****load of food there ud still b hungry 4 sum reason. i usually eat in the golden grill or get a takeaway from the yellow road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement