Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking Problem

• 16-09-2001 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to network A win98se PC with a Win2k PC. For some reason i cant get ics working at all, i was wondering if you could suggest anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

1) Are you manually configuring ics, ie assigning a fixed ip to the win98se box?

2) Do you have a firewall set up on either box?

3) Does the client machine (presumably the 98se box) see the host machine?

I posted some pics on just this here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28006

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

I own j00.

Nah but seriously, talk to me on irc, ive set up ICS millions of times before (oh and .. it sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Provided that they see each other in TCP/IP it should be straight forward.
    Install ICS or whatever on the Gateway machine (the Win2k one I presume), but not on the Win98 (client).
    In the Networking properties, go for the TCP/IP properties bound to your LAN card, under Gateway enter the IP of the Win2k PC, under DNS enter the IP again, and the HOST name (exactly what it says in Identification in the Network Neighbour hood properties on the Win2k machine).

This is what I understand is needed.

Renton, please correct any of that if there's a problem cos I'm going to try it on my old PC ina while when I get another monitor.....

Advertisement