Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeeps rigged with C4... acceptable or not?

Options
  • 15-10-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

I've only started playing spec forces over the past day or two (was always medic or sniper).
    I've often seen people rig a jeep with C4... drive straight for a tank/apc and jump out at the last second ...*KABOOM*.
    So, I've been trying this and manage to survive the whole incident around 70% of the time.... however, I noticed a few victims of my explosive packages annoyed at how I killed them.
    Is this method frowned upon? say, like bunnyhopping? Is it making use of a "flaw"?
    I personally think its great... you're using all the resources you have to kill your enemy.
    I wouldnt be going around a map doing this the whole time, but when the opportunity arises... it has to be taken.

EDIT - just found this very handy tip on C4.... for anyone that doesnt already know:
    If a spec. op's guy dies after having planted C4 you can get his kit and set off the C4....or..if you are a spec op's who dies and manage to respawn soon enough to pick up your own kit you still retain control of the C4 you planted before you die....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Perfectly acceptable, if the tank isnt fast enough to see you charging him then its his own fault. However it sucks when it is done to you, also its bad form if the guy doesnt even try and survive his attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

OK I know people are gonna go .. wtf and stfu on this one in regards to my response ...

looking at the real world ... and suicide bombers ... are they acceptable or not ... ?? ... it happens

spawn camping similarly ... look at the d day landings ... lads spawn camping is not allowed you'll have to vacate the region .. thats our spawn area ...

depending on how releastic the game is trying to be .. then hmm...

the fact that you can respawn as many times as you want .. would make it acceptable to me .. it'd be interesting if there are 1 life games ... to see what happens .. would players be so quick to give up their life ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There are - counter strike, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

As long as the player makes some reasonable attempt to survive then its a cool battle tactic. If he ploughs straight into the tank to rack up cheap kills then its kinda bad.

And I love that you can pick up your old C4 if you get to it in time. Its happened a bunch of times that I was killed by a tank before I could blow my C4, and then I got it again and detonated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What is the object of the game? Remembering that this IS a game after all. The object is to rack up as many points as possible by killing the opponent or taking his/her flag. What ever way you do this is acceptable by me. Of course spawn camping with a tank sucks, but spawncamping in general is ok with me.

You can not compare a game with RL. That kinda thing gets people killed and in trouble... Remember hearing about all those freaks in the US and Asia, thinking they are characters in games???

Spawn camping is not the best way to make friends but it's by far not the most annoying thing I have seen. That spoilt little brat that blows your plane or chopper up because "I wana fly... sniff sniff" Man I hate that crap...

Who cares if the dude lives or dies when he ploughs into you with his his "buggy bomb". If he gets the kill then fair play to him. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I do it sometimes and usually survive it unless I make a big mess. I've had it done to me too and its less frustrating than having a spec ops sneak up on you and plant it with you even knowing.

Also, I think I'd prefer it if the person suicided me because then it would count as a suicide and they'd lose the points they got by killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

no one ever play 2 on 2 in goldeneye, strap a remote mine on their partner and get them to leg it at the other two? Was funny at the time, but now its more real than i like to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ive tried this a good few times with an acceptable survival rate, but i prefer lining enemy vehicles with the c4 and letting them fill up with enemies (such as a full blackhawk) but ever since i found out you could duck under jeeps and apc's (doesnt work with tanks) and throw a c4 on the under carrage, i do that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Stephen wrote:
    There are - counter strike, for example.

Had meant .. in the battlefield game .... a mod or such ... for it .. but then it probably wouldn't be a ranked server ...

and I assume there are servers where you can do this ... haven't looked at the server config options on bf2 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Me: BAIL OUT!!!

Me: Get the f*ck out of myu f*cking jeep!

Them: Eh, no. Drop me off at the enemy base. I want to kill people.

Me: Get the f*ck out NOW!

Them: Negative

*Tank is spotted*

*It drives straight at me, blocking my path. I dodge one missile. I hit the tank head on, killing myself, my unwilling passenger, and the tank.*

*The flag I was trying to get is then captured by my team, as there is no tank anymore*

TBH, its a game. I'd respawn in about 20 seconds. In real life, I wouldn't do something like this.

=-=

Oh, and I pity the foo who takes my jeep

Me: Dude, gimme me jeep back!

Them: No. I got it first.

Me: Smegtard. Check your passeneger seat. Full of C4, yeah? You've 3 seconds till I flick the switch.

*the_syco [teamkills] n00b

What else am I meant to do? If you see someone throwing C4 on a jeep, are you just going to take it? And why do I kill these muppets? Cos they're the same muppets who nick my tank/jeep/heli/plane when I'm repairing it, or kills me so that they can fly it.

=-=

Sometimes I leave it there, tho. And then I die. And about 3 minutes later I get

*the_syco [C4] Player1*
    *the_syco [C4] Player2*

=-=

Moral of the story: always check the jeep for C4. In the jeep, on top of it, under it, and the side, on the front or back... cos you never know where I'll be. And if you nick the plane tank of jeep that I'm repairing, I'll lop a mine on it or in front of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

So a jeep is a means of transport , a means of defense and also a weapon , just depends on who gets to it first , but if it's on our server and I am using it for transport or defense and you throw c4 on it and tell me get out , my money's on you looking for another server before it blows up :)

jonski wrote:
    So a jeep is a means of transport , a means of defense and also a weapon , just depends on who gets to it first , but if it's on our server and I am using it for transport or defense and you throw c4 on it and tell me get out , my money's on you looking for another server before it blows up :)
    If I get to it first, to where the jeep is spawned, no-one from my team is in it, I think its fair game, tbh. If I've one or two C4 on it, and you jump into it, and think your going to use it as a transport, think again. I got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

C4 jeeps nice, pitty c4 doesn`t stick to players!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ah yah never know, they might bring out a patch before the expansion is out...just for the publicity it would generate....

I can just see the front of the mirror newspaper now...lol

"Outrage at EA's latest battlefield game letting players act out suicide bombings"

:D

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

What about a suicide bombers putting C4 on a friend have him run into a few tanks or jeeps while you stay in the tree line and blow them up.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

With him shoutin "Blow it!!!" over VOIP , while u hesitate & he gets shot :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

Berns wrote:
    With him shoutin "Blow it!!!" over VOIP , while u hesitate & he gets shot :p
    ya but at least the c4 would be still there.

absolute hate c4 packed jeeps but it is fun to reverse out of the way spec ops blows jeep and then kill him:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

why is it cosidered suicide bombing if they player is trying to survive, surely it's just a bombing and if the player f's up it's an accident, i can't see it as acting out or glorifyinfg suicide bombers. plus if you were in a real life war situation, would you not use something just beacuse the enemy might get sulky about being killed. get out of it, c4 jeep is a perfectly acceptable weapon, just make sure you bail in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

why is it cosidered suicide bombing if they player is trying to survive

Uh, its not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

The funiest thing killing people is c4 the flag and when a black hawk comes blow it baboom.....

Ive quite a funny story for yes i planted c4 on both the enemies black hawk and in the fighter helicopter in operation clean sweep and then the guys in the base killed me b4 i could detonate it so i respawned where my team leader was and detonated it and got 7 kills.... was hilaries....

What a pay back for killing me could u imagine all of them like how the **** did that happen???

Then i stoll the helicopter and killed alot of em round the base....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

never thought of that before tbh. might well give it a go at some point.

little hint for getting better at flying the choppers or jets, which can be a bit of a bother if it's a busy game, and nobody likes you going on a test flight when there's important bombing to be done.

anyway, my hint is, start BF2, go to multiplayer and create a server, stick some maps in it (good one for chopper training is kubra dam) and have a fly around on an empty map where you only have the ground to worry about, and not 30 people shooting at you.

it's handy cos there's pipes and canyons to practice flying through, and plenty of vehicles to strafe. before you know it you'll be able to fly through the pipes and under cranes etc. with ease.

ooh, while I'm at it, pet hate of the moment is someone who sits there in a troops chopper waiting for someone to come and man the miniguns, only to fly slowly head on at the bad guys, leaving you and your minigun to do nothing except look at the scenery because you can't see anything else. and then gets you both killed because you couldn't defend yourself. grrr.
    [align=right]13.16.137.10[/align]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

of course strapping c4 to a jeep is ok, all ur doing is planting c4 and making it mobile. ppl who are in tanks deserve to be blown up in any way possible. If the tanks not coming to the c4, take the c4 to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kakistos

Its way too hard to pull off. noting wrong with it at all.

Heh. Was playing earlier. An APC and a tank. Both engineers. No way past them. Saw them go behind a corner every so often, to reapir each other. Lots of infantry around them.

So I load up an armored car with C4, pelt it past the infantry, around the corner, and flip the trigger. I die, the APC dies, and the tank dies. By the time I respawn, my team has taken 3 new flags, and are no longer pinned down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

So I load up an armored car with C4, pelt it past the infantry, around the corner, and flip the trigger. I die, the APC dies, and the tank dies. By the time I respawn, my team has taken 3 new flags, and are no longer pinned down.[/QUOTE]

:mad: don't mind using jeep packed with c4 but a deliberate suicide to take them out i don't like:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Ive no problem doing it ,sometimes I have to die in the process as The tank driver will spot me before I get the chance to detonate is.Lately Im getting to plant the vechiecles with c4 while the driver is in them while taking our bases,recently earned me vetern special opps medal that way.So well pleased!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Handy tip for helo pilots - stick C4 on your chopper before you jump into it, then if anyone rams you in the air you always get the kill - kinda softens the blow of this uber lame tatic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

how dus bf2 choose who gets the kill wen it comes to a vehicle collision?
    i get rammed so many times and i always get dun for a tk for example jets crash into chopper as soon as u take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seems to toss a coin.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I find that if your in a jet the chances of getting a TK is higher... if you are in a chopper they are lower... The times I get a TK in the chopper is when I am pulling up or taking a turn... It is calculated but not very well...

Advertisement