Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interconnection Fees - Making Eircom pay

Options
  • 16-09-2001 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Does it cost Eircom money if I ring an iol number due to interconnection fees ? What about the No Limits number ? And what about a No Limits number during the day ?

Maybe if we can make Eircom pay increasing fees to Esat they might look our way more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

As I understand it ...

Eircom make ALL the money on the calls to IOL Free (or any other local number ISP such as DOL) if you're dialling from an Eircom based phone line - it's just a standard local call on Eircom's network.

When it comes to the SNL number, - that's on Esat's network - so ESAT have to pay EIRCOM interconnect fees for the service Eircom provide in connecting calls from their network to Esats. Eircom don't pay any fees to Esat as it's Eircom providing the service to them, not the other way around.

So... either way - ... Eircom make a pot of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 JamworkS

Is there any way Eircom paying something to somebody, prefeably in Ireland?

JamworkS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

How could there be an interconnection fee, the call reguardless if you pay Esat/Eircom for your phone, the hardware is Eircom, the call is on Eircom lines.
    ~There are no Esat lines going to the homes in ireland and thats why LLU is pointless.
    Esat will never avail of LLU and why should they, the equipment is already there.

Eircom make money from almost every phone call in this country excluding those on the NTL two way network and those on Chorus two way network, but then eircom make money if *joe* on NTL calls *jim* on Eircom lines.

An unbeatable force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ru1nzx

Another plan to "fight" eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ah right. I thought if I called an Esat phone line from an eircom line eircom would have to pay an interconnect fee. As in the same way that eircell has to pay esat everytime an eircell customer rings me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement