Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP32 Pro - Sil 680 Driver problem & Mem Issue

• 15-10-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Righty a nifty one for ya

I cannot get my Silicon Image 680 IDE ATA 133 Controller to start. It gives an Error Code (10) and also in the event log gives a incorrect structure found in driver.

Now this driver worked before in windows but that was using my AthlonXP 2400+ and I have since upgraded the system to use an Athlon64 X2 4400+ (I reinstalled the OS for multi-proc)

So how do I get it to start is the first one

Second one

I am using a K8N Diamond board from MSI (MS-7100). The system should support up to 4GB PC3200 RAM and that is what i have installed except it is reading only (!) 3.25 GB in the BIOS and in Windows. I am running the most up to date BIOS (1.7) and also I am using 2 sets of matched pairs. Is this a limitation of 32bit? Because I could understand that if the BIOS picked up 4Gb and Windows didnt. So i have no idea on that one. The RAM timings arent set agressive and they can only run in 333MHz to get a reading of 4GB.

Ideas, thoughts & solutions please! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Fixed both issues

4GB cant be seen without Memory remapping due to the controller need to reserve memory below 4gb for devices such as PCI-E etc

The BIOS now shows 4GB and the OS recognises 3 but that is due to the remapping above.

As for the driver.. just a corrupt file, all is working again ..

Advertisement