Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trifle

• 15-10-2005 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Anybody got a recipe for homemade trifle? Like Granny used to make? :D

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Err I think that my granny used Birds from the packet.

To make your own, it depends on how much you want to do yourself.
    You could get some stale sponge, line the bottom of the trifle dish with this, sorta half fill the bowl, soak this in sherry, or if you are not using sherry then pour over some jelly, then make your own fresh custard (recipes are easy to find for this) you can add a tin of fruit cocktail to the jelly or the sherry sponge. If you drain the fruit and soak it overnight in sherry even better. Cover the whole lot with your homemade custard, then as much lightly whipped (soft peaks or else it is buttery) cream over the top as you want, and then something on top to dress it, shave some chocolate off a bar with a potato peeler or hundreds and thousands.
    That's about it really.
    I suggest grannies version was alcohol free and used jelly if she is like mine ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PowerPuffGirl

That sounds perfect! Thanks! :)

Advertisement