Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thems fighting words forum

• 16-09-2001 3:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Where all bitchy lil fights on the forums can be diverted to. Admins and Mods can tell members to take their arguments there or face getting 12 clicked.

The IrelandOffline forum which I used to frequent a lot is descending into a lake of muppetry with bitchy comments in every thread. Theres a few main people who are the instigators and also the victims due to their past actions. These offenders are generating too much noise and are runing good discussions.

Readers should not have to resort to killfiling/ignoring members.

Lake of Muppetry ? I need sleep and to lay off the painkillers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭E-Hub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭E-Hub

For the most part admins here dont want to have to deal with community forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, besides the general method is to chuck more mods in as needed. And if a board gets really out of hand then our resident Hippy Fascist Ogre from Amnesia International usually steps in to dispense spankings.

mmmmm spankings....

By the by I really like that when I post I just have to hit tab and space rather than tab, tab, tab, space when this was all UBB. Yet another small but nice thing about vB. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by E-Hub
    For the most part admins here dont want to have to deal with community forums

Was requesting it for the whole of boards not just the IrelandOffline forum. I was using IrelandOffline as an example. DeVore has already stepped into the Community Forum to 12 click someone (you as it happens ) so I believe that they do not mind having to deal with the community forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by yellum

I believe that they do not mind having to deal with the community forums.

Damn right in the case of DeVore, who is taking, it seems, a more active role in the on-goings and discussions aboard the IrelandOffline forum - which I'm delighted to see.

Grand stuff.

As for the suggestion of a "take it outside" forum... well- it'd obviously be full of flames... could make for interesting reading, at least...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Wasnt trolls started off to do the same thing? It just turned into a lot of spam.. (Anyone remember the 1k post thread? :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Actually we could use a Bard and Gladiator community board (other than IOFFL) where they can resolve the epic battle between them and stop boring the rest of us to death. Think of it as a kind of on-line bedroom.

Thanx, bye.

Advertisement